Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #31
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I certainly am not attempting to take it in that direction, but I knew watching his tape that he was going to be a big time college basketball player. Maybe we never had a chance, but it always stings a little when you watch a recruit go elsewhere and put up big numbers. Jared Terrell and Kadeem Carrington had really nice careers too and I remember us kind of pulling out of their recruitments. No staff hits 100% of the time, so I'm not making any larger statements about the program or Mick. Just would be nice to have this kid on the roster since Broome, Moore, and Fredricks haven't provided the scoring punch we hoped for off the bench. He would be a perfect spark plug in our 2nd string.
We have no clue on the situation. I don't even remember hearing his name that much. Doubt we would have landed him and Logan. I'm happy with Logan.

The PG right now we all need to focus on is Symir Torrence. If we land him that will be huge
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #32
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Mick doesn't believe in recruiting white players.
When I went in that direction once, I got called every name in the book! I had a little different take on it though. Even if Mick would offer & pursue a kid, who just happens to be white, I think many times the white kid chooses somewhere else. Mick has only had one white kid (recruited & given a scholarship) in how many years (12)---Hyrichinak??
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #33
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We have no clue on the situation. I don't even remember hearing his name that much. Doubt we would have landed him and Logan. I'm happy with Logan.

The PG right now we all need to focus on is Symir Torrence. If we land him that will be huge
Agreed... fingers crossed.

As for the lack of white guys, it's a bit odd, but I can't imagine Mick Cronin has a problem with white players. It would be pretty damn bizarre if he did, considering the reflection he sees in the mirror.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #34
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I'm going to see this kid play in person at the end of the month against St. John's at MSG.

From the little I've seen from him so far, I don't think he would've been an impact player for us this season. He has a better scoring instinct than Logan Johnson right now but LJ has many other attributes that I feel will make him a better fit for our program over the next 3.5 years.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:38 PM   #35
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'm going to see this kid play in person at the end of the month against St. John's at MSG.

From the little I've seen from him so far, I don't think he would've been an impact player for us this season. He has a better scoring instinct than Logan Johnson right now but LJ has many other attributes that I feel will make him a better fit for our program over the next 3.5 years.
I feel like McClung isn't really a pg. Amazing athlete and scorer. Probably better than lojo but lojo will be a better pg.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #36
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Update on seeing this kid in-person for those who care...

He had a stellar showing against St. John's finishing with 25, 5 and 5 going 9-19 from the field and 4-10 from deep in what would be considered an "upset" win. He shot the ball very confidently and was able to score in a variety of ways (catch and shoot, fast breaks, creating for himself off the dribble and finishing strong at the rim). He was surprisingly the focal point of the offense (along with their senior center) with Akinjo taking more of a backseat.

After missing several games a few weeks ago, in the four Big East games he's played in he's been averaging nearly 19 a game.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote