HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Only one guy from the AAC?
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #22
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Jarron needs to return for his senior season.... for my sanity.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #23
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Id say over the past 3 games Jarron has shown that he is not ready to leave early. He definitely needs another year IMO. Teams are figuring out how to guard him and frustrate him and take him out of his game. Jarron's body language looks absolutely terrible and at times it looks like he is pouting because he is not getting the call. If you are getting shut down by Terrell Allen from UCF and Tarrin Smith from UCONN (two guys who won't even get a G league invite) you will be in for a rude awakening in the NBA. He is allowing other players to completely take him out of his game basically from the tip, where is the swagger we saw for most of February? I am by no means saying the sky is falling and I am not bashing Jarron, I am just concerned as to where he is physically and mentally with essentially the 3 toughest games to end the season and the conference and NCAA tourney looming. He couldn't of picked a worse time to hit a slump. Here's to hoping he breaks out of his funk.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:27 AM   #24
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Id say over the past 3 games Jarron has shown that he is not ready to leave early. He definitely needs another year IMO. Teams are figuring out how to guard him and frustrate him and take him out of his game. Jarron's body language looks absolutely terrible and at times it looks like he is pouting because he is not getting the call. If you are getting shut down by Terrell Allen from UCF and Tarrin Smith from UCONN (two guys who won't even get a G league invite) you will be in for a rude awakening in the NBA. He is allowing other players to completely take him out of his game basically from the tip, where is the swagger we saw for most of February? I am by no means saying the sky is falling and I am not bashing Jarron, I am just concerned as to where he is physically and mentally with essentially the 3 toughest games to end the season and the conference and NCAA tourney looming. He couldn't of picked a worse time to hit a slump. Here's to hoping he breaks out of his funk.
Yeah I'm concerned. I want that old Cumberland back.

I sure hope Mick is working on some new sets to get Cumberland going. He needs a little help to get back to being himself.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #25
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just because those 2 guys won't get a G league invite doesn't mean that aren't good defenders. We have had guys not get invites to the G league and they were great defenders, that's why Mick recruited them. Cumberland hardly has any space anymore, as soon as he catches he has a defender or two already on him. Hopefully we will make some adjustments to get him out of his funk because we need him the rest of the way. If he was hitting last night no doubt in my mind we would have won by 15 or more.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #26
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati lite View Post
Just because those 2 guys won't get a G league invite doesn't mean that aren't good defenders. We have had guys not get invites to the G league and they were great defenders, that's why Mick recruited them. Cumberland hardly has any space anymore, as soon as he catches he has a defender or two already on him. Hopefully we will make some adjustments to get him out of his funk because we need him the rest of the way. If he was hitting last night no doubt in my mind we would have won by 15 or more.
I never said they weren't good defenders, I simply stated that the talent level in the NBA is far superior to what he see's against UCF and UCONN which relates to the thread of if he should leave early. Of course this is just my opinion. Its on Mick as its much as its on Jarron, I personally am a big fan of Mick Cronin but at some point you need to change. The game plan of running Jarron on 4 different screens isn't working anymore because most teams are putting all there focus on him and forcing other guys to beat them. We got very lucky last night that SMU just sucks. If we played like that against Houston we lose by 30.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #27
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
The sky is not Falling at all with Jarron. In fact I don’t think it’s even anything to be concerned with. He can take over when he wants to, and he will when we need him. He will show up for the big games, and once we get to the tourney they won’t be on him nearly the same AAC coaches are. He will be fine
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #28
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
The sky is not Falling at all with Jarron. In fact I don’t think it’s even anything to be concerned with. He can take over when he wants to, and he will when we need him. He will show up for the big games, and once we get to the tourney they won’t be on him nearly the same AAC coaches are. He will be fine

its at least somewhat concerning he's shooting 27/80 33.75% the last 5 games. his legs really look dead. can't blame him for that, he's carried the entire team all year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #29
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
He can shoot from the perimeter, he has good size, decent athleticism, hits his free throws, is a good playmaker, and knows how to play defense. That is an NBA player; probably not a great NBA player, and at first his offense will probably be limited to little more than spot up jumpers. He is struggling to finish against college guys, and finishing at the rim is the toughest adjustment most players have to make, offensively, in the NBA.

The combination of struggles to finish + average athleticism will probably be a pretty big red flag to a lot of teams. He should look into the draft, but if he doesn't get 1st round interest he might as well come back (if he gets 1st round interest, he should definitely go).
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #30
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I never said they weren't good defenders, I simply stated that the talent level in the NBA is far superior to what he see's against UCF and UCONN which relates to the thread of if he should leave early. Of course this is just my opinion. Its on Mick as its much as its on Jarron, I personally am a big fan of Mick Cronin but at some point you need to change. The game plan of running Jarron on 4 different screens isn't working anymore because most teams are putting all there focus on him and forcing other guys to beat them. We got very lucky last night that SMU just sucks. If we played like that against Houston we lose by 30.
Gotcha, the way I read it I thought you were calling them poor defenders. I agreed running off screens isn't working anymore. Maybe we should have Jarron bring the ball up and run give and goes or something like that. Cronin had a good play with Jackson and Kilpatrick where Jackson would get the ball on the shoulder and Kilpatrick would go backdoor for a layup. I am surprised I haven't seen this play since they over play Cumberland all game. Definitely needs to come back next year IMO.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote