Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
This will help keep Kyle Kempt here.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Is it possible, that we should be thanking Butch for leaving? I think we just upgraded our coaching staff, after losing Butch.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
just may show that cincinnati really is a place people want to be we do have maybe the richest talent as fare high school kids in greater cincinnati im just shocked we grabbed a big 12 coach
i agree! its about time a coach recognize that ohio has great high school football. he also can recruit the south to add with some local talent
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
This is bold, outside the box, and completely unexpected-I love it!!! We can no longer sit back and hire Central Michigan coaches who use us as a stepping stone, we needed a big name and a high powered offense to help us take the next step. I like that Whit is bold, if we want to move to a better conference, this is the type of move we needed. We need leaders, such as Santa Ono and Whit, to have plans that will make us a perennial top 25 program in basketball and football by making coaches and players want to come. Hats off to Ono and Whit!
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
As fans, we have to do our part now!
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
This is bold, outside the box, and completely unexpected-I love it!!! We can no longer sit back and hire Central Michigan coaches who use us as a stepping stone, we needed a big name and a high powered offense to help us take the next step. I like that Whit is bold, if we want to move to a better conference, this is the type of move we needed. We need leaders, such as Santa Ono and Whit, to have plans that will make us a perennial top 25 program in basketball and football by making coaches and players want to come. Hats off to Ono and Whit!
Hell of take! Completely agreed. We cannot accept mediocrity. This was a big test for Whit and I love that he went for it and came up big.
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Anyone else get the impression that Santa Ono was reading our resume for the ACC at the beginning of the press conference?
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #28
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I'm impressed with Whit and the hiring of Tuberville.

But I think fans are fooling themselves if they think attendance is going to increase and UC is going to become some kind of power in football.

UC football is what it is and always will be. No disrespect intended.

UC basketball is where it's at.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post

But I think fans are fooling themselves if they think attendance is going to increase and UC is going to become some kind of power in football.

Well that is an awesome attitude. You are perfect for the city of cincinnati .
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post

It would be very hard for the b-ball team to succeed without the football team. Want money to renovate the 'Shoe, you don't get that from b-ball revenue, football is a big money sport. Attendance will climb with this hire, we got a big name and big recruits will follow, IMO. This is our gateway to the ACC, yes it is a risk, but a necessary one. As much as I love UC basketball, you would be fooling yourself to say that it plays a bigger role than football. Both will be good, though, and I think that, combined, it will get us over the top enough to go to a better conference.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote