Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #21
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I see your point, but I welcome the rumors. This is a message board. The whole point is speculation and sharing opinion and information with other fans. Maybe these people are lying, and that would be a sad existence. I take everything anyone says about realignment with a grain of salt, but I still like hearing what other people may have heard and its not hurting anyone.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
There are rumors going around high up UCATS at the belk bowl that within the next month that it will be ACC or big12 either one is fine with me but who knows if true but they are the strongest rumors I have heard since it started and there's a time table of 1 month so I'm hoping.
The rumors going around at Belk were nothing more than internet and twitter groundless speculation. No one in the athletic department has been telling donors an invite is coming soon and no one on the coaching staffs has been telling recruits UC is getting a P5 invite. UC anticipates being in the American for the foreseeable future, there is nothing to indicate that the Big 12 or ACC will expand any time soon.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #23
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
The rumors going around at Belk were nothing more than internet and twitter groundless speculation. No one in the athletic department has been telling donors an invite is coming soon and no one on the coaching staffs has been telling recruits UC is getting a P5 invite. UC anticipates being in the American for the foreseeable future, there is nothing to indicate that the Big 12 or ACC will expand any time soon.
I can assure you that Cincy is not expecting to be in the AAC for the foreseeable future and will be happy to return to this post to when the time comes.

From conversations I've had, and believe me guys, I have had these talks, I firmly believe UC will wind up in the Big 12. Take this fwiw as always, but i promise I would never post these things to piss people off. I hae felt the heartbreak as well.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #24
Cataclysmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
What he is saying is something I heard earlier this week as well. However none of it is true, it is all about the "hope" which will keep big donors engaged in the program...
And no. You don't tell a big donor that you're moving conferences if it inst true. That would be wildly unprofessional and incredibly idiotic.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
And no. You don't tell a big donor that you're moving conferences if it inst true. That would be wildly unprofessional and incredibly idiotic.
Louisville donors/coaches/"insiders" all said that they were a shoe in for the Big 12. That is NOT how the Big 12 works and as long as Texas is in the league I would rate UC's chances as less that 1%.

They aren't lying to the donors, simply telling them what they want to hear. Primarily citing the recruits in football and soccer that claim the coaches told them UC is going to the Big 12, etc. None of it is based on facts just speculation leading to false conclusions.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #26
Cataclysmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Louisville donors/coaches/"insiders" all said that they were a shoe in for the Big 12. That is NOT how the Big 12 works and as long as Texas is in the league I would rate UC's chances as less that 1%.

They aren't lying to the donors, simply telling them what they want to hear. Primarily citing the recruits in football and soccer that claim the coaches told them UC is going to the Big 12, etc. None of it is based on facts just speculation leading to false conclusions.
How exactly do you believe they are telling donors "what they want to hear". The rumors from the Belk Bowl seemed to indicate there was a timetable set for expansion. I would be VERY disappointed in Prez Ono and Whit if they were giving out an actual time span to donors for expansion just to please them.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #27
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
I can assure you that Cincy is not expecting to be in the AAC for the foreseeable future and will be happy to return to this post to when the time comes.

From conversations I've had, and believe me guys, I have had these talks, I firmly believe UC will wind up in the Big 12. Take this fwiw as always, but i promise I would never post these things to piss people off. I hae felt the heartbreak as well.
I'm confused, we will be in the American for a long time but we will end up in the Big 12? Not questioning you, I'm just unsure what you mean.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #28
Scheids21
Epic Member

Nevermind, read it wrong. That's good to hear.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Being left out of expansion so far? Millions of dollars and fan dissapointment.

Being left out of expansion in the future? Millions of dollars and more fan dissapointment.

Rumors of being included? Priceless Zero tangible dollars, millions of theoretical dollars, and lots of fan optimism. Whether it's true or not a long future in the AAC does not excite me...nor is it worth much.

Whether or not it's a weak or strong rumor...it's good to hear something again.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #30
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I'm confused, we will be in the American for a long time but we will end up in the Big 12? Not questioning you, I'm just unsure what you mean.
Doesn't matter what he is saying. Cincinnati will be in the American at least for the remainder of this decade if not longer...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote