Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #41
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
This may be the most over rated UC has been in 20 years. We havent even beat a team over .500 and two of them have only won 1 game.
After watching some of the games this week , you can say the American is over rated South Florida , Central Florida and UC and Houston is under rated. If I thought they were a top 25 team then would not be worried about Temple. But,i we will take it and this should help are all round progress. Wish we played SF before Houston plays them. coach Fickel is doing a great job. GO CATS !!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #42
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Certainly overrated. But you can only play your schedule. And when unbeaten while the rest of college football beats itself up...you move up. 1 loss and this team drops a bunch unless it’s close to UCF.

Regardless, this has been an impressive start and much needed after fickell a first season being a disaster. I thought after last season UC was behind schedule to get better. Now I feel they are ahead. Amazing progress.
Totally agree and I'm in no way trying to diminish how the season has gone. But anyone who has watched even a single UC can tell they aren't a top 25 team. Just goes to show how worthless these polls are because none of them probably have watched half the teams (outside the top 15) play more then one game.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:57 AM   #43
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Totally agree and I'm in no way trying to diminish how the season has gone. But anyone who has watched even a single UC can tell they aren't a top 25 team. Just goes to show how worthless these polls are because none of them probably have watched half the teams (outside the top 15) play more then one game.
Just enjoy it... jeez. I don’t think we are a top 25 team either, but we haven’t lost. And that’s all we can ask for at this point. We will see what this team is made of soon.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #44
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This may be the most over rated UC has been in 20 years. We havent even beat a team over .500 and two of them have only won 1 game.
To underscore that, UC is a 4 point underdog on Saturday @ Temple
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #45
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Probably right but does anybody take this website seriously anyway. The post below this one is about the Chicago Bears. It’s been on this website for over a week.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #46
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I'm actually loving the Football season to this point. We have won every game. How many people would have predicted us to be undefeated at this point. Forget how other people and Pollsters view us. People who posted how they thought the season would go prior to the first game did not think we would be undefeated. We are ranked, bowl eligible and still have some more opportunities to make some noise before the end of the season.

I have been to two games this season and have had a great time. I hope the ride continues.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #47
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

I wonder if the people posting on TOSU websites are bemoaning the fact that they have played like crap the last two weeks but still moved up in the rankings.

I'm sure this board will be hopping with activity when our Basketball coach post his first line up. LMAO!!!!

CLF has a young growing team that is beating every expectation predicted to this point.

Our running back is having a great season

Our redshirt QB is maturing each and every game.

The defense is playing well.

Oh and did I mention they haven't lost a game.

They are one of the youngest teams in the country.

They are also one of the least appreciated teams by their own fan base. Not one sell out and the websites are a ghost town or filled with negativity.

If I am CLF I am out of here on the first offer I get to a P-5 school.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 10-17-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #48
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I wonder if the people posting on TOSU websites are bemoaning the fact that they have played like crap the last two weeks but still moved up in the rankings.

I'm sure this board will be hopping with activity when our Basketball coach post his first line up. LMAO!!!!

CLF has a young growing team that is beating every expectation predicted to this point.

They are also one of the least appreciated teams by their own fan base. Not one sell out and the websites are a ghost town or filled with negativity.

For someone mad at the fans, your post is probably the most negative.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #49
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
For someone mad at the fans, your post is probably the most negative.
Not mad a the fans at all. The fans are showing up to the games and supporting the team. I'm angry at the people who portray themselves as fans and do neither.

We have a great facility.

A young exciting team playing very well

A young Coach who is building a strong foundation while giving us all something to cheer about. He is not saying wait until next year.

There is absolutely no buzz surrounding this ranked, undefeated team in this city.

So called fans of this program should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #50
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

I think CLF could have had a P-5 offer before coming to UC.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote