Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #1541
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Harvey reclassified to 2020 back in September of last year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #1542
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Harvey reclassified to 2020 back in September of last year.
Rumor is he is going to reclassify back to 2019. Right now it seems like everything is just speculation though. The ideal would be to have Harvey commit as a 2020 recruit.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #1543
CinciSportsFan

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The whole Harvey thing is strange, still nothing from official sources. Hopefully it's not one guy taking a guess at a CB and others following along thinking the first guy knows something.

I'm hoping he's a 2020 guy or we have somebody like Vogt who is willing to walk-on for a year to make room. As good as Harvey looks, I don't think it's worth pushing a guy out this late in the year.

Even if there was an agreement with the player well in advance, it still looks bad. If the player was not made aware well in advance, then it is a terrible look that likely causes problems down the road.
All these guys have 90%+ accuracy, that doesn't happen without better knowledge of the situation than others or following the first guy. Sure he could be the 10% that they get wrong, but theres something clearly there if they are willing to make the prediction.
CinciSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #1544
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rumor is he is going to reclassify back to 2019. Right now it seems like everything is just speculation though. The ideal would be to have Harvey commit as a 2020 recruit.
Where is this rumor? It feels like the Cumberland getting kicked off the team rumor from last year. Just people feeding a rumor that doesn’t exist.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #1545
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Where is this rumor? It feels like the Cumberland getting kicked off the team rumor from last year. Just people feeding a rumor that doesn’t exist.
Yeah, nothing substantial. May be that people see he was a 2019 guy, don't see he reclassified and assume he will be 2019. I haven't really seen anything from local insiders about Harvey yet.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #1546
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah, nothing substantial. May be that people see he was a 2019 guy, don't see he reclassified and assume he will be 2019. I haven't really seen anything from local insiders about Harvey yet.
Well someone on twitter just said laquille has entered the portal. No clue if it’s true but that would solve the issue. If there was one.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #1547
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i think he can't go back to his prep school after he reclassified so people were saying he'd need to find a new prep or reclassify back to 2019.

so people probably just ran with that and said he might reclassify again.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #1548
Catsby90

Catsby90 is on a distinguished road
Laquill Hardnett is in the transfer portal according to 247 sports. Hopefully this is to open up a roster spot for Zach Harvey.
Catsby90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #1549
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Well someone on twitter just said laquille has entered the portal. No clue if it’s true but that would solve the issue. If there was one.
He's in the portal the way it looks. Hopefully this was a mutual decision or Hardnett's alone.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #1550
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He's in the portal the way it looks. Hopefully this was a mutual decision or Hardnett's alone.
This makes me more hopeful for Harvey. It seems to line up. If we see the dancing bearcat in the next few days, I would guess Harvey.