Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #561
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! I smell another great year next year! Guyn can suck all he wants, but we still will have this guy, SK, Jackson, Big David, JD3 will still only be a sophomore, the future is bright, Bearcat fans! Can't wait to go to Deveroes now! Like I said, I love this year's team, but next year could definitely be even better, especially if Strickland has real post moves and Lawrence does well.
All the people discarding Gelawn Guyn are foolish. That's all I will say.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #562
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
He might develop, but I like JD3 much more. Guyn is a solid role player, but he makes too many boneheaded mistakes for my liking. I was really only worried about him if we didn't land this kid, we really needed another solid offensive weapon for next year!
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #563
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Two weeks from now: "Just getting word now via telegram, the Bearcats have landed Lawrence!" -Bill Koch
I understand you on this and feel that koch isn't winning any Pulitzers any time soon, but he can't operate the way pay recruiting sites do. Think of all the wrong and misleading info that gets put out there. One of the pay bearcat sites teased a UC to the ACC announcement a couple months back. A real journalist would be out of the job for it. I would like to see Koch profile the kids that UC does offer a little better with updates on their stats during the year.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #564
UnivCincy

UnivCincy is on a distinguished road
This is incredible.

With that said, I think the scholarship situation will work itself out. No one will be kicked off of the team or asked to transfer.

I really believe that Maine may stay at least two years, and I also believe that Killa will return for his senior season.

I really couldn't care less about the Super Bowl, now.
UnivCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #565
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
Evan Daniels: "He could even be a bigger deal than Lance (Stephenson) because he may not be a one-and-done-guy."

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
Evan Daniels: "He's a guy who may feel he can have an impact on the program for a couple years."

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
Daniels says Lawrence is a "tremendous get" for UC. Says he can start for day one at UC.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #566
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnivCincy View Post
This is incredible.

With that said, I think the scholarship situation will work itself out. No one will be kicked off of the team or asked to transfer.

I really believe that Maine may stay at least two years, and I also believe that Killa will return for his senior season.

I really couldn't care less about the Super Bowl, now.
Wasn't there talk of Morman having some grade issues? Is that still the case?
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #567
UnivCincy

UnivCincy is on a distinguished road
Morman's grades are an issue, still, from what I understand. It's a hurry-up-and-wait situation, I think.
UnivCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #568
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
The good thing in reference to the guard situation, is that there will be plenty of competition. Adversity breeds monsters. With Rubles, Lawrence and perhaps Thomas, we're going to have ball handlers who are 6'7+ and a ton of guards. Should be a match up nightmare. I'm just hoping someone can take Cheikh's place as a suitable center. He's been stuffing the stats lately. I think Nyarsuk might but we'll have to wait and see. My only concern with him is lower body strength. I hope Gaines gets some work in.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #569
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by handwaver View Post
Not to mention 5 consecutive final 4's in the late 50's early 60's with 3 Nat. champ appearances and 2 national titles....sheesh!
As was mentioned earlier, as obvious as it was I'll go ahead and mention it, I was talking about in the Cronin era.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #570
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
I agree I think he can be solid.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote