Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #771
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
There was some passing interest very early. That was it. Nothing ever materialized...
Glad youre back Chad
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #772
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There was some passing interest very early. That was it. Nothing ever materialized...
I'll take Chad's word for it.

My point to the rest of you was, you cannot sit here and say he's not coming here, unless you have heard so from an inside source. You can GUESS he isn't, but you don't KNOW. I hate definitive answers like that, when people know just as much as you and I. While there hadn't been any proof that he's coming here, there hadn't been any that he isn't. He's local and hasn't committed anywhere else. I'm pretty sure that leaves it up for discussion. Not just, "No. He isn't coming. For sure. Close the thread."
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #773
BearcatNation54

BearcatNation54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you think we're done with the 2014 class or do we go after somebody else?
BearcatNation54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #774
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think I held out hope for Martin just bc we haven't been very aggressive with the 2 scholarships this spring. But maybe Mick just feels really good about what we have on the roster and thought Stewart or bust. I'd personally rather pocket the scholarship than get Shreiner or someone that can't help immediately.
I believe they were very aggressive this spring. They might not have landed any HS freshman stars, but they got 2 JUCO players to help balance out the classes. Not only that, but they filled two very important needs. A great outside shooter and a shot blocker who are both more physically and mentally ready to play than any freshman would be.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #775
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
USF just landed Demarcus Cousins younger brother. Personally, I think the guy was severely underrated. He and Perry could cause some problems down low
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #776
BearcatNation54

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 42s
Niagara guard Antoine Mason and his 25.6 points per game are transferring elsewhere for his final season. Should be in demand.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #777
BearcatNation54

He was the nations second leading scorer this past year. Get him for one year and still have 3 scholarships for 2015.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #778
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
as far as justin martin goes i do not believe we had any interest ever. Cronin wouldnt want him even if he was interested in UC, he is a lazy player with a horrible attitude who quites when the game gets hard. He didn not like when mack got on him either. The opposite of what a uc player under mick cronin is. IMO hes going overseas next year
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #779
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Really it was like one poster on here who kept posting martin in our top 3 targets, we never even went for him IMO
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #780
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Really it was like one poster on here who kept posting martin in our top 3 targets, we never even went for him IMO
I def believe we had interest in Martin and he did us but I don't believe he was a top target. After other players committed to other schools I think he moved up our list but when Ellis and Cobb committed to us I think Martins chances might have ended.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote