Coleman choose East Carolina haha
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #1272
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Cumberland returning is Major. Hopefully he can take the next step which I believe he should. Keith is the ex factor has been since last yr. Hardnett is a talented individual and I was really excited when we acquired him, I really feel like he'll surprise some ppl just interested in how these guys respond to Brannen, how they respect him and how much he can get out of them. Honestly feel like we will miss nsoseme toughness. He practically did everything but score and shot block. There's so much talk about diarra and what he could be but nsoseme has the body, hustle and grit to contribute with the little things. Wish he would have stayed. Will be looking forward town the senior leadership of Scott and Cumberland. We have a big 3 with not much of a bench but like I've said before that's really brannens fault of his own more than anything. With an improved Scott, Cumberland and Kieth Williams we should make the tourney in this conference really with no excuses. There are no passes Brannnen is supposed to be an upgrade in coaching right?
Don’t think everyone thinks it’s a coaching upgrade. Have heard many say he is a just a mid major coach and actually a downgrade. Whatever the opinions are, we won’t know for years. Even if it’s a great upgrade, going to be hard to win with 6 players, and 1 big guy.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 05-27-2019 at 09:27 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #1273
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Coleman choose East Carolina haha
I kind of respect it. Something different
Old 05-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #1274
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m assuming the addition of Jaevin
This would be a very VERY big deal if we can make it happen! Out of the 6 players I wanted Brannen to keep the most we ended up with 3 so far. Scott, Williams, and now Cumberland. There is no replacing Brooks right now. Jaevin might be the only player on the board who can help alleviate the loss of Curtis, and Johnson (not to mention Jenifer and Broome) for a single season.

He can handle the ball, he can shoot, and he can score. He solves 3 problems in 1 player. He probably brings us from bubble team to top 25.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #1275
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
If we can get Jaevin that would be great for the short term.

Mika Adams Woods is on campus right now on his last official visit, so if they can get him and a big guy who can play right now they will be fine for this year.

You wont replace Brooks with one guy so hopefully collectively Prince, Tre, Laquill and Diarra can. Then I guess I would take that Valpo grad transfer as a body to put in there and block shots. (couldn't care less if he comes or not)

From what I have heard Bolton is pretty much out of the picture, and I know we stopped recruiting Taryn Todd so he committed to TCU. Really wish we could of signed Coleman, I think he could of played this year, now UC will have to play him every year at ECU.

As for Nsoseme he is still working out at UC so who the hell knows what he will do, I would imagine he isn't getting any love from any school better than UC, so he would go to a smaller school and maybe get more playing time, I would like him to return but if he doesn't I wont lose any sleep.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #1276
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Cumberland returning is Major. Hopefully he can take the next step which I believe he should. Keith is the ex factor has been since last yr. Hardnett is a talented individual and I was really excited when we acquired him, I really feel like he'll surprise some ppl just interested in how these guys respond to Brannen, how they respect him and how much he can get out of them. Honestly feel like we will miss nsoseme toughness. He practically did everything but score and shot block. There's so much talk about diarra and what he could be but nsoseme has the body, hustle and grit to contribute with the little things. Wish he would have stayed. Will be looking forward town the senior leadership of Scott and Cumberland. We have a big 3 with not much of a bench but like I've said before that's really brannens fault of his own more than anything. With an improved Scott, Cumberland and Kieth Williams we should make the tourney in this conference really with no excuses. There are no passes Brannnen is supposed to be an upgrade in coaching right?
I think Brannen is going to "shoplift tradition"....lol! At least a little. What Cronin means is toughness and rebounding and defense etc. Those should be basic ideals for any coach really. What some fans want to shoplift is early NCAA tourney exits and brutal tempo.

It's going to be hard for me now to look at a recruit and see what fits. It was so easy with Cronin for me to evaluate a recruit. As long as they could play defense and hustle etc...they would be able to get playing time whether they could score or not. It's going to take a couple of years to figure out Brannen's best targets for his system. Obviously there will be more focus on scoring and shooting...but he will still need some defenders.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #1277
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
If we can get Jaevin that would be great for the short term.

Mika Adams Woods is on campus right now on his last official visit, so if they can get him and a big guy who can play right now they will be fine for this year.

You wont replace Brooks with one guy so hopefully collectively Prince, Tre, Laquill and Diarra can. Then I guess I would take that Valpo grad transfer as a body to put in there and block shots. (couldn't care less if he comes or not)

From what I have heard Bolton is pretty much out of the picture, and I know we stopped recruiting Taryn Todd so he committed to TCU. Really wish we could of signed Coleman, I think he could of played this year, now UC will have to play him every year at ECU.

As for Nsoseme he is still working out at UC so who the hell knows what he will do, I would imagine he isn't getting any love from any school better than UC, so he would go to a smaller school and maybe get more playing time, I would like him to return but if he doesn't I wont lose any sleep.
Yeah, I'm not sure what nsoseme is looking for. He wouldn't get many major offers I wouldn't think. Maybe coach told him to look elsewhere, but I doubt it. At this point, I would take any bodies over 6'8 that can play next year.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #1278
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Bolton to Iowa State, I don't know the whole story but apparently whom ever was guiding him was a handful which turned off a lot of suiters including UC.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #1279
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Dancing bearcat is out. Most rumors has it being Mike Adams woods
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:52 PM   #1280
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Mike Adams likely in...

And yes uc basically passed on Bolton
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote