Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #541
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Stop it. Bledsoe teague mayo bill walker kemba walker etc all was basically locks and didn't come here
thats not a de-commit dude. If a guy signs a LOI and asks out, that shit rarely happens at UC. And we rarely have players transfer.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #542
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not looking for him put in floor his 1st couple seasons. He reminds me of Guy from Virginia. That kid is a baller. Way better than Moore. Moore didn't even start for his aau team.
If Brannen thinks he can work on him then I will trust Brannen on that.

Cronin took athletes and tried to make basketball players out of them. After 3-4 years he could get them to be serviceable.

Brannen looks like he is going to take basketball players and try to make them even better basketball players. He can't teach athleticism so that's the only route. We are going to need at least a couple of guys out there who can defend at a high level as well...whether through superior athleticism or because they have the BB IQ to know where to be and how to guard a guy.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #543
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I wish I had as much blind faith in John Brannen as you guys do.

I hope it works out. I truly do.

But I also won't let my expectations go down one bit. If Jarron Returns I expect a tourney birth. I want results and I want them right away because Mick left you a program that at very minimum could make the tourney every year.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #544
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If Brannen thinks he can work on him then I will trust Brannen on that.

Cronin took athletes and tried to make basketball players out of them. After 3-4 years he could get them to be serviceable.

Brannen looks like he is going to take basketball players and try to make them even better basketball players. He can't teach athleticism so that's the only route. We are going to need at least a couple of guys out there who can defend at a high level as well...whether through superior athleticism or because they have the BB IQ to know where to be and how to guard a guy.
If Brannen recruits a bunch of softies though, he's gonna regret as soon as Houston Punches them in the mouth
Old 05-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #545
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I wish I had as much blind faith in John Brannen as you guys do.

I hope it works out. I truly do.

But I also won't let my expectations go down one bit. If Jarron Returns I expect a tourney birth. I want results and I want them right away because Mick left you a program that at very minimum could make the tourney every year.
There isn’t much Choice. It’s either give the man a chance or bitch about it every step of the way. If it doesn’t work out then we will need a new coach someday. I’m gonna trust they made a good hire until he proves us wrong. That’s not gonna happen for a couple years though for me. He probably wouldn’t be on the hot seat for at least 3.

Enjoy the ride...what else can you do at this point?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #546
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
There isn’t much Choice. It’s either give the man a chance or bitch about it every step of the way. If it doesn’t work out then we will need a new coach someday. I’m gonna trust they made a good hire until he proves us wrong. That’s not gonna happen for a couple years though for me. He probably wouldn’t be on the hot seat for at least 3.

Enjoy the ride...what else can you do at this point?
Get a job as Moderator on UCLA board?
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #547
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Samari wanted to stay local at all cost. This kid was coming to nku as Mr basketball in Wisconsin. Why didn't Brennen recruit him while he was at nku. The best recruiters, I don't care where they coaching at go have some type relationship with best kids in 100miles radius of them. This should've been slam dunk transition for Samari if nku was already going after him. Is Brennen not a top recruiter or Samari just isn't his style player?
You know, I haven't posted on here in years but I just couldn't help taking a quick sec to dust off the old login credentials that I long since forgot, to tell you just what an awful "contributer" to this site I think you are. Sincerely, I mean that.

It's one thing to have an agenda so clear that Ray Charles could see it, but it's another entirely to continue to parade around OVER and OVER...

WE ALL GET IT. Everyone knows where you stand, so howabout you take it easy a bit on thess garbage takes? Quit clogging the the thread with the same tired routine.

It really does make a lot of thess threads tough to read, which sucks because the majority of us just want to read honest discussion about our Bearcats. And I'm sorry, but posts like these and the other dozens of loaded drivel you offer up makes that hard to do.

I mean, do we really need to have a discussion about why a Horizon League coach might not waste his time pursuing a 4 star recruit that has offers from loads of major programs?

If you think that NKU not being a potential destination for Samari Curtis is somehow a reflection of Brannen's recruiting or scouting ability then you must be new to the sport. But I suspect you know better.

PLEASE... Just STOP with this nonsense.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #548
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
You know, I haven't posted on here in years but I just couldn't help taking a quick sec to dust off the old login credentials that I long since forgot, to tell you just what an awful "contributer" to this site I think you are. Sincerely, I mean that.

It's one thing to have an agenda so clear that Ray Charles could see it, but it's another entirely to continue to parade around OVER and OVER...

WE ALL GET IT. Everyone knows where you stand, so howabout you take it easy a bit on thess garbage takes? Quit clogging the the thread with the same tired routine.

It really does make a lot of thess threads tough to read, which sucks because the majority of us just want to read honest discussion about our Bearcats. And I'm sorry, but posts like these and the other dozens of loaded drivel you offer up makes that hard to do.

I mean, do we really need to have a discussion about why a Horizon League coach might not waste his time pursuing a 4 star recruit that has offers from loads of major programs?

If you think that NKU not being a potential destination for Samari Curtis is somehow a reflection of Brannen's recruiting or scouting ability then you must be new to the sport. But I suspect you know better.

Preach it bruddah
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #549
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Huh? Guys have their local schools in final 8 all time. Learn something rookie or if it don't apply to you let it fly. No need come off rude ass hell for something I have no idea where you was even talking about. If you don't offer the best player in your state I don't care what college your at that's dumb recruiting. Go check out Zion college list. I mean the man committed to X 1st anyway so why get so bent out of shape?
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #550
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Your sure didn't have a problem with the bashing of a high school kid either by adults. Where were you at when this kid was getting talked about crazy. Lol we didn't lose nothing with this being a friend top 150 but a NCAA tournament team 50miles from me basketball and you don't offer?
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote