Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #461
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
at this rate, i am only going to see one or two posts per page after blocking the people who continously post this childish banter...it has been, and it continues to ruin this site...its unfortunate, but it is getting hard to tolerate...
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #462
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
at this rate, i am only going to see one or two posts per page after blocking the people who continously post this childish banter...it has been, and it continues to ruin this site...its unfortunate, but it is getting hard to tolerate...
+1
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #463
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
You can watch the sign in sign out times correspond beautifully with one another....lol
I doubt that.

It is a fallicy that me and Mick are one and the same. I do not know much about computer technology but it seems to me the mods would have a way to check if someone had 2 accounts.

I personally believe Mick is a second account of The LivingLegend. Raplh is the only screen name I have ever used on this website.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #464
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
back to Jermaine.....
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #465
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Fits the system like a glove...He would make this class mick's best!
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #466
Bearcat91

Bearcat91 is on a distinguished road
Apologizing for the long post in advance but this is what ESPN RecruitingNation believe abouit Jermaine...

Senior power forward Jermaine Lawrence (Springfield Gardens, N.Y./Pope John XXIII) is a tough one to figure out. On the court, the No. 19-ranked player in the ESPN 100 has physical gifts and versatility that make him a tantalizing prospect, but durability and consistency have been concerns.

And on the recruiting trail, he's been equally hard to read. Will he stick close to home and choose St. John's? Will he be enticed by the glitz and glamor of Vegas and pick UNLV? Or will he be loyal to the program that has recruited him the longest and hardest and commit to Cincinnati?

Luckily, our RecruitingNation basketball experts are here to try and make sense of it all. Here's how they think Lawrence's recruitment will play out, complete with what makes him special, improvement for the next level, freshman projections in college, decision factors and predictions on what school he'll choose.
Dave Telep/ESPN.comESPN 100 PF Jermaine Lawrence is down to UNLV, St John's and Cincinnati.
Dave Telep

What makes him special: His combination of size, athleticism, and the ability to run the floor and excel in the transition game is a factor.

Improvement for next level: Consistency. We rated him aggressively early, knowing what he could become as this unfolds. Now he has to go out and deliver consistent performances to the level of his ability.

Freshman projection: For a Top 25-caliber team, he's a guy who can come off the bench and be a major contributor or start depending on the team's personnel.

Decision factors: At this point, the process has taken a long time with some twists and turns. It looks to me like he wants to be a Big East guy.

Prediction: St. John's

Paul Biancardi

What makes him special: He possesses a combination of scoring skills and athletic ability. He's a fluid athlete who is fast yet graceful with the ball.

Improvement for next level: First, he must improve his overall body strength. Second, he must learn to play through bumps in games and become more durable. He misses too many games because he is not able to handle the physicality of the game.

Freshman projection: He displays the talent and athletic ability to contribute, but it will all depend on the work he does in the weight room during the summer before he enrolls.

Decision factors: He'll have to decide between staying close to home and playing in front of family and friends or breaking away from the nest.

Reggie Rankin

What makes him special: Lawrence is a combination of great length, athletic ability and rapidly improving skill. He plays above the rim on the break with flair and is a matchup nightmare for most power forwards because of his ability to post up or knock down shots from the mid-range area out to the arc.

Improvement for next level: Lawrence must continue to add strength and make his capable motor a more consistent weapon. Skill-wise, he needs to make more scoring moves off the bounce.

Freshman projection: He'll earn playing time immediately because of his athleticism and shooting ability. He should be a capable starter with an immediate impact at the power forward position.

Decision factors: Lawrence must determine if he wants play for hometown St. John's or take his show on the road to another Big East power in Cincinnati or out West to UNLV. Factors include playing time at both forward positions, continued player development to aid him in getting to the next level and ability to win immediately. The instant success of freshman power forward Anthony Bennett at UNLV is likely to gain his attention as well.

Adam Finkelstein

What makes him special: He's long and athletic with the ability to score in all three ranges.

Improvement for next level: He's been so plagued by injuries that he needs to address his durability and prove he can get through the physicality of the college season without missing time.

Freshman projection: If he's healthy, he'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact in the scoring column given his tools to put points on the board in transition or the half-court set.

Decision factors: Right now he's weighing a chance to stay close to home, head out to the bright lights of Vegas or stay loyal to the program that has recruited him the hardest.

Joel Francisco

What makes him special: Lawrence has a terrific combination of elite athleticism, versatility and budding skills for the power forward position at the next level.

Improvement for next level: He needs to continue to find ways to impact the game when the ball is not in his hands.

Freshman projection: Lawrence has the frame, bounce and skill to start as a freshman. He can convert buckets in a number of ways, especially in transition.

Decision factors: He has former AAU teammate and friend Savon Goodman at UNLV. St. John's has struggled this season, making it a must for Steve Lavin to snag this local stud. Cincinnati, however, appears to be out in front, though Lawrence is taking his visit to St. John's this month.

Prediction: Cincinnati

John Stovall

What makes him special: Versatility. He has great size and nice skill and will be a matchup problem in college when his motor is running.

Improvement for next level: He needs to improve his outside shooting and consistency.

Freshman projection: He should be an immediate contributor.

Decision factors: Good question. Lawrence has been hard to read.

Prediction: Cincinnati
Mike LaPlante

What makes him special: This kid is an elite athlete with great size and work ethic.

Improvement for next level: He has improved his half-court skill level in the low post, but because of injury he has missed out on some development during his senior year.

Freshman projection: He'll impact with his energy and should be an instant force by running, rebounding and blocking shots.

Decision factors: Does he want to try to shine in the Big Apple, the bright lights of Vegas or take his talents to Cincy? Could staying close to home end up as the deciding factor in his final decision?

Bearcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #467
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Per above post St. John's wins 5-2.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #468
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Interesting article...the comment about durability was interesting as was the coming off the bench comment...after losing to SJU, I have convinced myself the Lawrence is headed to SJU in efforts to prevent disappointment...as most, I really want this kid to play for UC...I picture him in Cronin's offense at the top of the key like Gates always found himself with the ball...Lawrence (from write-ups and stories) sounds like he could relish in the position to have the ball in his hands as often a Gates or Mbodj...I still believe he will go to SJU, but really hope I am wrong...

I was curious, because I do not have access or people "in the know", has Lawrence ever crossed paths with Strickland or Caupin?...i am pretty sure that i read that Lawrence commented on picturing himself playing along side the bigs at SJU...so I am curious if he is aware of Strickland's game/potential...
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #469
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
If Lawrence wants to play on the biggest stage of all, the NCAA Tournament, UC has been to consecutive Sweet Sixteens and easily makes the tournament again this year. SJU will be on the bubble and continues to fail under Lavin, even with all the great recruits he's getting.

Lawrence' career and exposure would be better served coming to UC, where he would garner instant minutes on team going places.

And getting away from home is a good thing in terms of reducing pressure. Ask Yancy Gates.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #470
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
fyi UC has not made it to consecutive sweet sixteens....the point though remains that SJU will be a struggle year in year out to make the tourny. Especially if their younger guys keep leaving early.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote