Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #61
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Hearing there was actually a misunderstanding and UC is still on his list. Also heard Savino contacted him last night.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #62
bearcat18
Elite Member

Now this:

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
A family friend of Jermaine Lawrence's informs The Recruit Scoop that the 2013 forward has no favorites & will cut his list to 10 in August.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #63
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Now this:

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
A family friend of Jermaine Lawrence's informs The Recruit Scoop that the 2013 forward has no favorites & will cut his list to 10 in August.
I was just coming on here to post this. You really can't trust all these media guys, I guess. Heard Zags already had a story up on his blog about Jermaine's "top 3" based on the Borzello tweet. Funny stuff.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #64
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The 6-foot-8 Lawrence did come prepared when asked to list his schools. Rather than forget anybody, he consulted a list on his phone to report offers from Xavier, Baylor, Kansas, Virginia Tech, Villanova, Connecticut, Syracuse, St. John's, Rutgers, Louisville, Hofstra, Florida and Cincinnati.

According to Lawrence, each school is recruiting him as a small forward and he's looking to visit UNLV and Rutgers sometime this month. As for making a decision, he's in no rush and says that he may wait until next spring to decide.

"There's so many good schools recruiting me it's tough to decide," said Lawrence. "I just want to take my time with it and make the right choice."

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1376023
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #65
bearcat18
Elite Member

Joey Natale ‏@Coast2CoastHoop
'13 Rens (NY) F Jermaine Lawrence lists Cincy, RU, Florida, Cuse, UConn, Baylor, SMU, Temple, Maryland, UNLV, Indiana, St Johns & Manhattan.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #66
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
He sat out the first two days of camp with a right wrist injury, but Jermaine Lawrence couldn't take it any longer. The 6-foot-8 combo forward from New York just had to get out there and play. That he did at a very high level using his elite speed and quickness to make plays all over the floor and in transition. Looking ahead he's being recruited as a three (where he should end up long term) but has the ability and size to play a bit at the four and will likely do so a lot in college.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1376297
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #67
bearcat18
Elite Member

Springfield Gardens, N.Y., forward Jermaine Lawrence had named both Louisville and Kentucky on his list of schools in recent weeks.

But the 6-foot-9 Lawrence said he hasn’t heard from either school.

Lawrence said Louisville offered “over a year ago,” but he’s only talked with the staff one time since last winter and said about UK that “I heard they were going to call and saw some things in twitter, but haven’t talked to them.”

He said Rutgers, Cincinnati, St. John’s and Syracuse were on him the hardest.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jod...uiting+blog%29
Old 07-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #68
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

My thought is he is a Syracuse lean.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #69
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
My thought is he is a Syracuse lean.
What ever happened with those problems Syracuse had last season? I forget exactly what it was. I thought some of their players in the past were supposed to have been punished but never were, and the NCAA was looking into it???? Or maybe not.

Unfortunately, I'm having a brain cramp and can't remember the story. But I remember feeling like it would amount to something. Plus, they're leaving the Big East soon.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #70
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoria

2013 F Jermaine Lawrence says he will visit UNLV later this month. List includes Kansas, Syracuse, Florida, St. John's, Rutgers & Cincinnati