Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
AAC Basketball

Early on this season our conference was struggling but as of late it is really picking up.

Temple-is rolling right now at 10-4 and have won 4 straight which has included wins over #10th ranked kansas and @uconn. and currently sit at 30 in todays rpi

SMU- got has gotten their big man kennedy back and before losing to a good cinci team won 8 straight including a win @michigan. They sit at 10-4

Uconn- defending champs and beat florida today.

Memphis-is 8-4 struggled early but has won 5 straight, they have talent and will continue to improve

Tulane- they are sitting at 10-3 right now

Tulsa- sitting at 8-5 and are, today, a top 50 rpi team

---after ecu tuesday we have a hard 3 game strech @uconn, @memphis, and home for temple. I really want to win the conference again

Last edited by Bearcat Rob; 01-03-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Early on this season our conference was struggling but as of late it is really picking up.

Temple-is rolling right now at 10-4 and have won 4 straight which has included wins over #10th ranked kansas and @uconn. and currently sit at 30 in todays rpi

SMU- got has gotten their big man kennedy back and before losing to a good cinci team won 8 straight including a win @michigan. They sit at 10-4

Uconn- defending champs and beat florida today.

Memphis-is 8-4 struggled early but has won 5 straight, they have talent and will continue to improve

Tulane- they are sitting at 10-3 right now

Tulsa- sitting at 8-5 and are, today, a top 50 rpi team

---after ecu tuesday we have a hard 3 game strech @uconn, @memphis, and home for temple. I really want to win the conference again
Today was a must win game for all intents and purposes towards winning the conference. ECU obviously is a game you can't drop. Of the next three we need to take at least two. I hope the refs we saw today are a sign of the refs we'll see all year. While obviously I'd like to see more fouls called on the opponent it is nice to be able to play aggressive and not get guys in foul trouble.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Today was a must win game for all intents and purposes towards winning the conference. ECU obviously is a game you can't drop. Of the next three we need to take at least two. I hope the refs we saw today are a sign of the refs we'll see all year. While obviously I'd like to see more fouls called on the opponent it is nice to be able to play aggressive and not get guys in foul trouble.
I agree, im confident we will take memphis on the road, and if we can can steal a win @uconn im confident we will come ready to play and take care of buisness at home in front of a back house on a saturday night against a good temple squad. if we could get all three of those, which would be hard, we will be sitting very nicely atop of the aac, and in the top 25
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Memphis is about to lose at home to Tulane. So they will join SMU and UConn in the group of 1 loss AAC teams.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Memphis is about to lose at home to Tulane. So they will join SMU and UConn in the group of 1 loss AAC teams.
Neither Memphis nor Tulane has beaten any decent teams, and have, in fact, been clocked any time they have faced a quality opponent - It could be that that maybe Temple will turn out to be the stiffest competition for the Cats.
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #6
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Tulane is hanging with Temple....they don't look all that bad either.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Tulane is hanging with Temple....they don't look all that bad either.
I don't know if Temple is any good. They have a great win over Kansas but I think as the season goes that win will look more and more like an outlier.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #8
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Temple is still probably learning to win on the road.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
SMU beat Memphis 73-59. It was at SMU, so no real surprise there. Kennedy had 21.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #10
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
@BillNicholsDMN: SMU's Justin Martin leaving SMU to turn pro. More to come at http://SportsDayDFW.com”
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote