Far worst?

-UC scored .89 points per possession last season, this year we scored .86

-Last years team shot 15% better from the free throw line

-Last year we shot 23% from 3 and this year we shot 19%

-Last year we turned the ball over 10 times, this time we turned it over 14

-last year we were Plus 6 on the glass, this year we were Minus 5

-Last year we fouled 19 times, this time we fouled 27 times

-Last year we held OSU 8 offensive rebounds, This year we allowed 14

Hilariously enough This years UC team played better defense than last years but played worse on Offense.

So Im not sure how last years team played far worst.. We literally had the same score and got worse in just about every category.
We were down like 15 in that game at home with 15 minutes to go. At no point did it look like we'd win last year.

Last night was a tad different given they had a 7 point halftime lead, then fell behind by 9 and cut it to a 1 possession game.

Last years final score was not nearly indicative of how close last years game actually was.

Last edited by ervins84; 11-07-2019 at 11:19 PM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:23 AM   #192
icehole3

icehole3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
1 game in and half the board has lost its mind. He’s 30 percent in on installing offense. He focused on D first which was smart. The lack of patience for some people is staggering also annoying
This
icehole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:30 AM   #193
icehole3

icehole3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Jaevin has around 7 top 100 games under his belt at Oakland and his 3 % gets close to 50% in those games. I think it’s over 45% against top 50. He missed last night. He will be in the high 30s though and I think Mcneal gets in low 30s and hoping Keith can. Too. I think Scott will drop in the high 20s and we all hope for Moore to finally break out. I am not worried about 3s much
I was looking for effort and I was very satisfied. It is to early to pass judgement or panic about the team right now. I LOVE the 7 footers, they will play better. I felt the 7 footers were feeling their way through the game and will make adjustments as the year goes along. I don't think they beat X but I do feel better about their chances vs X and the AAC.
icehole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 AM   #194
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
1 game in and half the board has lost its mind. He’s 30 percent in on installing offense. He focused on D first which was smart. The lack of patience for some people is staggering also annoying
To be fair, justinhub was fully ready to lose his mind at the first sign of trouble. We knew it was coming. He loses his mind every game.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:34 AM   #195
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
To be fair, justinhub was fully ready to lose his mind at the first sign of trouble. We knew it was coming. He loses his mind every game.

to be fair he's doing what he accused all the mick haters of doing. of course he said they were idiots for doing it.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:16 AM   #196
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I dont think most are blaming Jarron for Wednesday night or saying that he won't buy in. I think Brannen's comments might be more directed towards him than some of the others.

I think Brannen wants Cumberland to understand following the system is going to make Jarron better and the team better. Jarron's PPG might go down, but he'll be a better overall player. Jarron has the skill set to be much more than a scorer.

I'm sure there's a give and take here. There are probably some things Brannen feels are a must for his offense. He needs Cumberland to lead the way in those areas. Then he can work on getting Cumberland his specific plays and possessions.

The biggest factor for Jarron Wednesday night was conditioning. He was gassed in the first half. Just really unfortunate he was injured for most of the offseason. I think with an in shape Jarron we win that one.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #197
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I dont think most are blaming Jarron for Wednesday night or saying that he won't buy in. I think Brannen's comments might be more directed towards him than some of the others.

I think Brannen wants Cumberland to understand following the system is going to make Jarron better and the team better. Jarron's PPG might go down, but he'll be a better overall player. Jarron has the skill set to be much more than a scorer.

I'm sure there's a give and take here. There are probably some things Brannen feels are a must for his offense. He needs Cumberland to lead the way in those areas. Then he can work on getting Cumberland his specific plays and possessions.

The biggest factor for Jarron Wednesday night was conditioning. He was gassed in the first half. Just really unfortunate he was injured for most of the offseason. I think with an in shape Jarron we win that one.
Interesting listening to a little of the coach Brannen show. He mentioned (paraphrase) "some of the players like iso situations. They feel comfortable in iso. I feel comfortable moving the ball quickly to get players isolated."

So this is not going to turn into the Cland iso show. But I do think he will find ways to isolate Jarron in his system.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #198
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
to be fair he's doing what he accused all the mick haters of doing. of course he said they were idiots for doing it.
And to be even more fair. Some of the Cronin haters (not me or you) had a lot of time to develop that feeling. So complaining in the first game of season 12 would be a lot different than 1 game into a new tenure. I think, unless the train goes off the rails, his leash has to get to the point he gets to see his own recruits be at least Juniors and because he got started late in 2019...maybe even seniors. So that is 4 years...so long as we are getting at least decent results. Cronin had a different situation but I think most fans gave him around 4 years to start seeing results. He did just enough to keep me on the fence most of the way even up until he went to UCLA.

I am not saying I think Brannen will need 4 years to impress us in some way. I hope it's this year. But we lose a lot next year and we become very young at that point.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #199
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, he always does that. He’s a maniac.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #200
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting listening to a little of the coach Brannen show. He mentioned (paraphrase) "some of the players like iso situations. They feel comfortable in iso. I feel comfortable moving the ball quickly to get players isolated."

So this is not going to turn into the Cland iso show. But I do think he will find ways to isolate Jarron in his system.
I agree, I think its important for JB to run things his way. It was Jarrons way for 3 years with Mick because he was the focal point of the offense and in a sense he very much still is with JB just in a different way, now he has to free himself on screens and rolls and its constant moving to find the open guy where as last year it was wait until 8 seconds on the shot clock and give it to Jarron, I just think him and some of the other Mick guys are a little hesitant to the change because its a big change and its not crazy to be hesitant to change especially when its a complete 180. I thinks its almost normal for any human to be hesitant to the change. Like you said JB is not dumb and he will find a good mix of JBs way and Jarrons way.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote