Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Most analysts have Reds losing tonight, but...

I still have faith, even though they've been lifeless as of late.

current pirates' roster lifetime vs cueto:
http://blogredmachine.com/2013/09/30...ing-v-pirates/
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
The Pirates just destroyed us in a sweep on our home turf, so their reward? Play us one more game. I get that is just how it plays out. I don't want to jinx us, but karma is on our side to win just to show how dumb this one-game wildcard is. We have no business playing tonight, the Pirates deserve to be in the division series. Period. Especially when the two wildcards are from the same division. Then the Cardinals have to beat a team the just spent the last 162 games proving they were better than. Now I am a fan of one wild card team, but I like the rule where they can't play the winer of their division in the division series. That I guess went away with the adding of a fifth team.

With all that said, go Reds and go Cueto!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
well said, man, well said.

maybe next year...
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I won't go as far as to say I'm glad we lost, because I'm not. I root for the Reds no matter what, but we deserved to lose. The Pirates showed they were the better team and I will be rooting for them to win it all. This loss I can swallow a lot easier than the last two times we made the playoffs, if you can call one game the playoffs. The Reds need to regroup. I'm not a Dusty hater like most but I wouldn't be upset to see him go as long as we bring in another proven winner not named Tony LaRussa. I definitely want to see a new hitting coach if Dusty isn't let go. And hopefully if they do let go of Dusty (which I don't think they will) we can manage to keep the pitching coach.