Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who is your Player of the Decade?
Cashmere Wright 0 0%
Jacquon Parker 0 0%
Sean Kilpatrick 15 46.88%
Justin Jackson 1 3.13%
Troy Caupain 2 6.25%
Gary Clark 11 34.38%
Jacob Evans 0 0%
Jarron Cumberland 2 6.25%
Tre Scott 0 0%
Keith Williams 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Top 10 Players of the 2010s Decade

With this season, and now decade, of Bearcat basketball seemingly behind us, I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on who were our most impactful players from this past decade.

I've identified 10 players that all met the following criteria:

1) played at least 3 seasons between 10/11 and 19/20
2) started in a full-time capacity in at least 2 of those seasons
3) averaged double-figure PPG for at least one season.

Player Pool
Cashmere Wright (11-13)
Jacquon Parker (11-13)
Sean Kilpatrick (11-14)
Justin Jackson (12-15)
Troy Caupain (14-17)
Gary Clark (15-18)
Jacob Evans (16-18)
Jarron Cumberland (17-20)
Tre Scott (17-20)
Keith Williams (18-20)

As you form your lists, please rank players based on their career contributions, not just based on their best individual season.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
I meant to pick SK but when I was clicking vote accidentally hit Keith William's

SK lead us to our best tourney run and was the best player on our team. He carried us entirely his senior year, won conference player of the, and was in discussion for NPOY back when we were a better conference (at least at top).

If we would have made the run when we were 2 seed my answer is probably different
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
SK. Always had faith he would come through in crunch time. Dion Dixon had my favorite play against Florida St ncaa tourney but SKs threes kept us in that game.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
With this season, and now decade, of Bearcat basketball seemingly behind us, I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on who were our most impactful players from this past decade.

I've identified 10 players that all met the following criteria:

1) played at least 3 seasons between 10/11 and 19/20
2) started in a full-time capacity in at least 2 of those seasons
3) averaged double-figure PPG for at least one season.

Player Pool
Cashmere Wright (11-13)
Jacquon Parker (11-13)
Sean Kilpatrick (11-14)
Justin Jackson (12-15)
Troy Caupain (14-17)
Gary Clark (15-18)
Jacob Evans (16-18)
Jarron Cumberland (17-20)
Tre Scott (17-20)
Keith Williams (18-20)

As you form your lists, please rank players based on their career contributions, not just based on their best individual season.
SK

Clark
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Here's my Top 10...

10. Jacquon Parker - Overcame a nightmare sophomore season to become one of our best rebounding guards and a steady scoring option during his junior and senior years.

9. Keith Williams - The Robin to Jarron's Batman over the past 2 seasons. A phenomenal athlete who is slowly morphing into a complete basketball player.

8. Justin Jackson - elite defender and rebounder who made big offensive strides during his senior year to become an all-conference player.

7. Tre Scott - 3.5-year role player turned Superman who exemplified Bearcat basketball to the highest degree on the court this past season.

6. Cashmere Wright - was often overshadowed by Dixon and SK but was a consistent and sometimes electrifying playmaker at the PG position for 3 years.

5. Jacob Evans - arguably the most talented player of the decade who only lacked the killer instinct to take over games.

4. Troy Caupain - phenomenal leader and floor general who delivered in the clutch many times to help keep the program at a high level after the SK era.

3. Jarron Cumberland - despite a turbulent senior season, he established himself as one of the program's greatest scorers and won us plenty of big games over a standout career.

2. Gary Clark - stellar 4-year contributor and quiet beast who turned out to be the best player on the best team of the decade.

1. Sean Kilpatrick - Elite scorer, closer, and relentless competitor that helped elevate us to become a top 25 program again while playing in a prime Big East.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #6
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I’d put Yancy ahead of Jacquon
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #7
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I’d put Yancy ahead of a couple guys. Cashmere being the first. Cash was hurt a lot. I think he would have been great but his injuries really took a toll on his explosiveness. Yancy was really good for 4 years. Never was great, like we thought he would have been but really hard to stop in the post.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Sk was the best by far.
Jarron would have been up there if he wasn’t hurt this year. Sounded like he was battling them all year. I really think Jarron was one of the best players in college if he was healthy.

Sk-the best
Gary-2nd
Jarron-injuries or would have been maybe 1st.
Jacob- if he would have stayed, would have been special
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #9
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Yancy was left out because he didn't play 3 years during this specific decade. Otherwise he might have been as high as 5 or 6.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Covid is making a typically slow period even worse. Going to try to figure out Huggins best team vs Cronin.

Martin
Fortson
Herb Jones
Logan
Van Exel

Gates
Clark
Evans
SK
Cumberland

My first year at UC was Huggin's first year so I could have a bias due to the excitement of the time but I don't think this game would be close. If you have to put a 2nd team on the roster it probably gets worse.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote