Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #281
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah about the same in those games too.

this team has so many of those stretches where they really act like they don't know what a basketball is. those stretches are responsible for so many of our losses.

We'll have these stretches were a bunch of our turnovers come in a 6 minute span. Or vs Houston the vast majority of their offensive boards were in like a 7 minute span.

The hope was by the end of the year that would get cleaned up, but it just never happened.
The offensive rebounds I think killed us physically more than anything. They only scored 13 points off those 2nd chances.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #282
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even in Diarra's most amazing game ever the other day, he was still unusable in the first half.

There are very specific situations where Diarra's skill set on defense is a perfect fit and it make sense to use him.

But bad Diarra is really really bad. He gets out of position, he acts all confused, he'll turn it over a ton.

If the opposing team ever throws it to the low post on offense, thats not likely to be a game Diarra plays a lot.

I'd just like to see him get 15-20 minutes and play through a few mistakes.

I just want his rim protection, He doesn't have great instincts but I saw a few rolls to the basket to cut off a driver and he contested it.

He might not get a ton of blocks but he can alter shots.

He can move so much better than Vogt that is makes him versatile... BUT he has to play smart.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #283
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I'd just like to see him get 15-20 minutes and play through a few mistakes.

I just want his rim protection, He doesn't have great instincts but I saw a few rolls to the basket to cut off a driver and he contested it.

He might not get a ton of blocks but he can alter shots.

He can move so much better than Vogt that is makes him versatile... BUT he has to play smart.
the strongest part of his game is his abilities to read pnr's. how on earth thats a skill he picked up i really dont know, but he does a phenomenal job of it. because of his length and quickness he doesn't hedge hard, but he stays close enough to contest a 3.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #284
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the strongest part of his game is his abilities to read pnr's. how on earth thats a skill he picked up i really dont know, but he does a phenomenal job of it. because of his length and quickness he doesn't hedge hard, but he stays close enough to contest a 3.
I don’t think he reads anything well, he’s just 6’9 and mobile. That makes up for a lot. That’s also his best skill. I really think you have to minimize his touches on the offensive end. Tell him never to dribble, and he would be fine.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #285
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t think he reads anything well, he’s just 6’9 and mobile. That makes up for a lot. That’s also his best skill. I really think you have to minimize his touches on the offensive end. Tell him never to dribble, and he would be fine.
watch closely how he plays them next time.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #286
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
watch closely how he plays them next time.
I’m just saying it doesn’t matter if he reads it well or not. If he miss reads it, he can recover quick and you wouldn’t know. I think Vogt reads it well, he just can’t do anything about it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 PM   #287
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Was really interesting in todays press conference Brannen said he's never had a team that didn't compete every possession before and he really struggles with the fact that this team won't.

He was asked if he had any sense of why that was happening and his only response was "I do".