Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2016, 05:02 AM   #1241
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Call me crazy but I think after this season if he wanted too Evans could go pro, as a sg in the nba, he is going to be a monster for us this year.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 AM   #1242
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Call me crazy but I think after this season if he wanted too Evans could go pro, as a sg in the nba, he is going to be a monster for us this year.
You're crazy 😁 I think he finishes his junior before making any decision. But I agree with you on him being a monster. I hope he is ready to be a main focus on the opposition scouting report.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #1243
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Do you know what sections will be designated for UC at Hinkle in case I have to get tickets through another outlet?
We do not know yet, as we have not received the tickets from Butler at this point. We should know hopefully by the middle of October, but all schools work at a different pace, so we are at the discretion of their ticket office.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #1244
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
About 2 weeks until practice starts. Hope we catch a few breaks this year. Goodness, enough went against us last year for 5 seasons.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #1245
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
About 2 weeks until practice starts. Hope we catch a few breaks this year. Goodness, enough went against us last year for 5 seasons.
So true man. That's what I am hoping for too. I think this team will win more of those close games. I actually like the fact we get rematches at Butler and Iowa St. Those tough losses will be on a lot of players mind.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #1246
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
So true man. That's what I am hoping for too. I think this team will win more of those close games. I actually like the fact we get rematches at Butler and Iowa St. Those tough losses will be on a lot of players mind.
Without much knowledge, how good is Butler supposed to be? Hinkle won't be an easy place to win, but for some reason I think we can win there.

At Iowa State I am not sure sure.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 PM   #1247
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Without much knowledge, how good is Butler supposed to be? Hinkle won't be an easy place to win, but for some reason I think we can win there.

At Iowa State I am not sure sure.
Butler going to be good, tough to win there this year
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #1248
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Sometimes you have to make those breaks happen by digging deeper than the other team. I think we will have a mentally tougher team this year. Having Evans and Washington on the court rather than Thomas and Ellis could be the help we need to win more close games. I think Thomas and Ellis gave solid effort but I'm not sure they had the mental fortitude to be able to stay focused in crunch time.

As a player last year (during crunch time) I would not have wanted to risk trying to get the ball to Ellis most of the time. He was a turnover machine. Thomas often struggled to make anything happen. That takes away options that you need to win close games. The entire team has to trust each other out there not to make mistakes when the game is on the line. If they feel like mistakes may happen with certain players they will avoid throwing the ball to them essentially making it a 3 on 5 scenario.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #1249
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Sometimes you have to make those breaks happen by digging deeper than the other team. I think we will have a mentally tougher team this year. Having Evans and Washington on the court rather than Thomas and Ellis could be the help we need to win more close games. I think Thomas and Ellis gave solid effort but I'm not sure they had the mental fortitude to be able to stay focused in crunch time.

As a player last year (during crunch time) I would not have wanted to risk trying to get the ball to Ellis most of the time. He was a turnover machine. Thomas often struggled to make anything happen. That takes away options that you need to win close games. The entire team has to trust each other out there not to make mistakes when the game is on the line. If they feel like mistakes may happen with certain players they will avoid throwing the ball to them essentially making it a 3 on 5 scenario.
I agree. Ellis was always tangled up with someone. I like this team. I think they will learn from last year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #1250
UCalum08
Epic Member

Check out @CoachCroninUC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CoachCroninUC/st...762727936?s=09

Justin Jenifer with the Allen Iverson cornrows. It's going to be a good year, I can feel it.

Jacob Evans also got something going on up there too. #moptop