Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #21
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Considering we don't know who the big guy is, not sure I'd consider it pretty damn good. Assuming it's a random 3 star big guy, I'd say the class would be on the lower end of what we should expect every single year.
I disagree. We addressed a guy that we have always wanted (T.Moore). Maybe someone that's not a starter but someone that can knock down 3s every time he gets in. Brings back that Field Williams or Tony Bobbitt vibe.

If we land Gaines or Williams I have been very impressed with them and their videos. looks Easily 4 stars and I don't care what the websites have them listed as. I just truly think Gaines or Williams will be a big time land for us.

As far as the big guy you are correct I guess it's not fair to assume how good he will be but you really never know.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I disagree. We addressed a guy that we have always wanted (T.Moore). Maybe someone that's not a starter but someone that can knock down 3s every time he gets in. Brings back that Field Williams or Tony Bobbitt vibe.

If we land Gaines or Williams I have been very impressed with them and their videos. looks Easily 4 stars and I don't care what the websites have them listed as. I just truly think Gaines or Williams will be a big time land for us.

As far as the big guy you are correct I guess it's not fair to assume how good he will be but you really never know.
I wouldn't be super disappointed or anything with a class like that. But it should be what we expect every year, no? Just seems like if you're that excited, what class wouldn't you be excited about?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #23
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I wouldn't be super disappointed or anything with a class like that. But it should be what we expect every year, no? Just seems like if you're that excited, what class wouldn't you be excited about?
You are correct I do get pretty optimistic. I just really am thinking highly on Gaines or Williams. I guess I need to calm down and see what happens.

Confused why Reese even put us on his list if he's acting like he might not even visit us.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
You are correct I do get pretty optimistic. I just really am thinking highly on Gaines or Williams. I guess I need to calm down and see what happens.

Confused why Reese even put us on his list if he's acting like he might not even visit us.
I hope you're right on the Williams/Gaines thing. I still think Moorman would be worth locking up too *if* we decide to get crazy and use all the scholarships.

Yeah I'm not sure on Reese either. Seemed like he didn't know a whole lot about UC from the quote. Maybe we get him on campus and he likes that we have other guys from that part of the country.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #25
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Down to Alabama and UAB
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #26
GarradJ21
Epic Member

No surprise here. Surprised we were even on his list. He's going to Bama in my opinion. Keeping UAB on the list to say thanks for recruiting him first. Very Johnson and Bama are building a nice program.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:46 PM   #27
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Committed to alabama
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote