Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 13+ 0 0%
UC wins by 9-12 10 27.03%
UC wins by 5-8 20 54.05%
UC wins by 1-4 6 16.22%
SMU wins 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #21
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Seems our guys have cleared that hurdle of knowing they're good, but not being above playing hard. Coach Cronin has talked about the chemistry and maturity of the group. As fans we've talked about the frustration of getting into the Top 25 and changing who we were in order to get there. Cronin has also talked about making sure we aren't "too cool" to do the little things like in the Marshall game. It just feels like it's all sinking in. The team wants to play hard, takes pride in playing hard, and has confidence and a team first attitude in the process. They no longer get get much out of reading their own press clippings. It's all about the work. Here's to hoping we continue to see the swagger we so often see against the lesser teams. We were picked to win the league for a reason. Time to show SMU who's going to be running things in this conference from here on out.
Cincinnati is 4-2 vs SMU and really should be 5-1 if it weren't for an epic collapse last season. It will be very disappointing if they lose this game.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #22
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
We had >10k for the last two home games against Marshall & Tulane. No reason not to sell this one out (although I get the 9 on a Thursday start time isn't ideal - except for you Jacob).

Win this one on Thursday and we'll have a stranglehold on the conference.

Go Cats!
there is always a reason not to sell out - we have probably 1000+ seats that offer a worse experience than watching the game on tv from your couch.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #23
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Semi is for real - an NBA-level talent. Clark has a big task ahead of him. I think this is a game where they really need to focus on attacking the basket. SMU has a very solid lineup, but the bench is thin. A tightly called game probably works to Cincinnati's advantage.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:17 AM   #24
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I love me some central time. 8 pm is perfect!
LOL! I am glad it works out well for one of us. I'm still going but it will make for getting up at 3:30 am on Friday a little more rough. As long as we win, I'll be riding high!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 AM   #25
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
It directly effects me. I was considering getting tickets, but I get up at 6am for work, and really don't feel like sitting in a parking garage until midnight. Then driving back to Blue Ash.

Apparently the high is 60 on Thursday, though. Maybe that'll help.
Come on man! I work at 430 am on Friday and I am biting the bullet. Life is too short. 😁
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:19 AM   #26
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
there is always a reason not to sell out - we have probably 1000+ seats that offer a worse experience than watching the game on tv from your couch.
That is true, but if everyone thought that way no one would ever attend an NFL game. You gotta go for the experience!

I do think the quality of the television coverage is one of the biggest problems the NFL has. I'm not tempted to go to Bengals games in the slightest. Of course, I get my football fix on Saturdays in Nippert, so I may be a little jaded.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:37 AM   #27
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I saw SMU get blown out at the Garden against Michigan earlier in the season. Ojeleye was the only one that showed up that night- he truly is a man amongst boys. If we set the tone early defensively, I like our chances of being able to grind out a win.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:11 AM   #28
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I saw SMU get blown out at the Garden against Michigan earlier in the season. Ojeleye was the only one that showed up that night- he truly is a man amongst boys. If we set the tone early defensively, I like our chances of being able to grind out a win.
286 = how many free throws we have taken so far
362 = how many free throws they have taken so far

control their perimeter shots like we did vs. Houston
don't allow them to get us in foul trouble
hit our own free throws
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #29
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
9 PM is great.. Its a Thursday night..not a Monday or Tuesday. At least the next day is Friday. College kids have to love this being later. Thirsty Thursday. Place will be a great atmosphere, especially what the last 2 home games had.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 01-09-2017 at 07:52 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #30
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Smu could be a top 20 team if they had a PG. shake Milton is having to the run the point but he isn't a true point guard.

This will be a battle. But if we win big it's because of our pg play and their lack of any
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote