Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 13+ 0 0%
UC wins by 9-12 10 27.03%
UC wins by 5-8 20 54.05%
UC wins by 1-4 6 16.22%
SMU wins 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #61
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Smu could be a top 20 team if they had a PG. shake Milton is having to the run the point but he isn't a true point guard.

This will be a battle. But if we win big it's because of our pg play and their lack of any
Hmmm, I am told on here that UC's starting PG is not a PG
Old 01-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #62
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Hmmm, I am told on here that UC's starting PG is not a PG
People on here lie a lot though.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #63
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Man I got bored and watched a bunch of SMU's last few games.

They never get back on defense after a missed shot because they expect to get an offensive rebound.

Like probably the best offensive rebounding team I've seen all year.

Need to get rebounding from the guards as SMU does a lot of tip out offensive rebounds
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #64
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Cronin just tweeted out student tickets are free....

I don't understand why it's gotten to that point..
Which part? Student tickets, especially for basketball, have always been free. The only issue with this game is that students just got back to campus today and are now starting to claim tickets.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:23 AM   #65
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Man I got bored and watched a bunch of SMU's last few games.

They never get back on defense after a missed shot because they expect to get an offensive rebound.

Like probably the best offensive rebounding team I've seen all year.

Need to get rebounding from the guards as SMU does a lot of tip out offensive rebounds
42.2%OREB rate. That is insane. USC was pretty much the only team all year that could keep them off the offensive glass.

This may not be Justin Jenifer's night. He will be giving up 8 inches or so to any SMU player on the floor. Caupain is going to need to play well, and play heavy minutes.

For my money, Ojeleye is the best player in the conference. He is going to attack relentlessly. Defenders need to move their feet and not go for too many blocks, lest we be sending him to the line all night.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #66
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
42.2%OREB rate. That is insane. USC was pretty much the only team all year that could keep them off the offensive glass.

This may not be Justin Jenifer's night. He will be giving up 8 inches or so to any SMU player on the floor. Caupain is going to need to play well, and play heavy minutes.

For my money, Ojeleye is the best player in the conference. He is going to attack relentlessly. Defenders need to move their feet and not go for too many blocks, lest we be sending him to the line all night.
I would agree about Jenifer. Not his matchup. He is better suited for the high tempo games. This should be more of a rock fight half court game. He is already less effective in the half court games...add to that the size and reach disadvantage could be brutal.

Outside of him we match up in size pretty well. Maybe his quickness could help a little but the PG is going to have to do a lot of perimeter passing and those long arms of SMU are going to make it difficult.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #67
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would agree about Jenifer. Not his matchup. He is better suited for the high tempo games. This should be more of a rock fight half court game. He is already less effective in the half court games...add to that the size and reach disadvantage could be brutal.

Outside of him we match up in size pretty well. Maybe his quickness could help a little but the PG is going to have to do a lot of perimeter passing and those long arms of SMU are going to make it difficult.
Doesn't have to be a rock fight at all imo. If we defensive rebound we'll have our chances to speed things up if we want.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #68
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Doesn't have to be a rock fight at all imo. If we defensive rebound we'll have our chances to speed things up if we want.
There will be some fast-break occurrences, but when the 338th pace (SMU) takes on the 313th pace (UC), you have to figure it'll be a slow, low-scoring game.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #69
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
There will be some fast-break occurrences, but when the 338th pace (SMU) takes on the 313th pace (UC), you have to figure it'll be a slow, low-scoring game.
"Rock fight" is usually in the 50s. We should score close to 70 easily.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #70
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
"Rock fight" is usually in the 50s. We should score close to 70 easily.
I wouldn't say "easily", as SMU's defense is 35th in the country, but I expect us to win by around 10. I think 68-58 is fair.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote