Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #921
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
If we can muster a win on Saturday we could move up big in the polls and won't fall out for a while.

Need to capitalize on this huge opportunity
If we win we have a 3 game easy home stretch coming up. We could be borderline top 10 after that stretch with some of the losses from higher ranked teams. Or with a loss we could be fighting to get back in the top 25.

I would say that's huge! We have to go and take it from them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #922
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we win we have a 3 game easy home stretch coming up. We could be borderline top 10 after that stretch with some of the losses from higher ranked teams. Or with a loss we could be fighting to get back in the top 25.

I would say that's huge! We have to go and take it from them.
Yup, this is big for momentum. A win tomorrow nearly guarantees an 11-1 record going into conference play (barring an embarrassing home loss). But then we go right into it @ Temple, which will certainly be tough.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #923
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Yup, this is big for momentum. A win tomorrow nearly guarantees an 11-1 record going into conference play (barring an embarrassing home loss). But then we go right into it @ Temple, which will certainly be tough.
I hope the Temple game isn't tough. They've already lost at home to New Hampshire and George Washington. We can't get dragged into their grossness. The game @Temple last year made me like college basketball a little less. It was at such a low level. We need to stomp them.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #924
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yep. With our upcoming schedule we could really cement ourselves in there. I feel like our players wholeheartedly believe that were that good and won't tighten up or flat out overlook teams bc there's a # by our name. That's been an issue in the past but I think these guys are comfortable enough to go out and let it rip.
I think Kyle Washington is a big factor in that
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #925
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No doubt. He's out there pumping guys up, patting players on the back, cheering when he's on the bench, and close to unstoppable when he makes an aggressive move. Not to mention he says all the right things in interviews.

That's going to help team confidence!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #926
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Definitely agree.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #927
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I hope the Temple game isn't tough. They've already lost at home to New Hampshire and George Washington. We can't get dragged into their grossness. The game @Temple last year made me like college basketball a little less. It was at such a low level. We need to stomp them.
If there is one thing College Basketball has taught us this year already, it is that playing on the road is tough. IU losing to IUPFW in Fort Wayne. Butler losing at Indiana State. You can't take any road games for granted.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #928
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I loved micks comment the other: he said he asked Kyle if he was a PG because he only had 2 rebounds at the half. Then said in the second he was stealing rebounds from his teammates.

I love that. A dude who absolutely listens and wants to please his coach
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #929
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I loved micks comment the other: he said he asked Kyle if he was a PG because he only had 2 rebounds at the half. Then said in the second he was stealing rebounds from his teammates.

I love that. A dude who absolutely listens and wants to please his coach
I got a kick out of that as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #930
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
If there is one thing College Basketball has taught us this year already, it is that playing on the road is tough. IU losing to IUPFW in Fort Wayne. Butler losing at Indiana State. You can't take any road games for granted.
No doubt. I like the strategy we took into the ISU game. Great D, get defensive rebounds, and limit turnovers.

You have to limit the crowd pleasers. Turnovers leading to fast breaks, second chance points off offensive rebounds, and 3 point shooting. I don't mind extending our D past the 3 point line. I think we can play the 2 point game with just about anyone.