Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #1251
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
Hopefully this year our players will spend more time focusing on basketball and less time at shitty bars and sketchy house parties. I understand these are college students and their heads aren't always on straight, but I see our players out way too much during the season and off season.
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #1252
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats Sports View Post
Hopefully this year our players will spend more time focusing on basketball and less time at shitty bars and sketchy house parties. I understand these are college students and their heads aren't always on straight, but I see our players out way too much during the season and off season.
Wow...pretty sure they are putting in the work. Come on dude. Our guys aren't doing anything wrong. I hope they take advantage all the fun activities UC and the surrounding area offers.

Least our players aren't using fake id's, starting fights, and pulling their pants down in public.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 PM   #1253
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've seen players off campus both during the season and during the off-season. I don't think I've ever seen one with a drink or anything like that. I've seen recent players at bars but they are just there talking and hanging out. Which isn't an issue at all. Maybe you've seen them in a different environment but in the last 5 years I've been hanging out in Clifton, I've never seen a player in a spot where he could be caught doing something wrong.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 AM   #1254
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I just looked at cane Broome's photo on Instagram he posted of the team and quadri Moore got rid of his hair/ I couldn't even notice him he looks like he lost quite a bit of weight as well.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:03 AM   #1255
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I've seen players off campus both during the season and during the off-season. I don't think I've ever seen one with a drink or anything like that. I've seen recent players at bars but they are just there talking and hanging out. Which isn't an issue at all. Maybe you've seen them in a different environment but in the last 5 years I've been hanging out in Clifton, I've never seen a player in a spot where he could be caught doing something wrong.
Me either, so I'm not sure where this is coming from, and it doesn't feel warranted at all. I showed up to tailgate for the game this past Saturday late and saw Troy and Kevin leaving the gym. Waived to 'em and said "good luck this year". They were working during a huge on-campus party. I'm not worried.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #1256
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
They go out and have fun but so does players on every college team. I've seen Xavier players out the most. It's nothing to be worried about. Unfortunately we live in a time where social media catches everything. You want to tell me Kenyon Martin and those boys weren't going out.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #1257
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perhaps you are spending too much time at these venues.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #1258
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Perhaps you are spending too much time at these venues.
Right lol
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #1259
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Getting some love from SB Nation. They have UC #17 in their preseason rankings. Here's a full write-up: http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...ain-gary-clark
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #1260
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
SB Nation has the Cats ranked 17th going into the season

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...ain-gary-clark
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote