Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #1331
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Cumberland looks like a player. Imagine what one offseason in the program will do. Look at how Evans body has changed. Cumberland is going to be a monster (in a good way)!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #1332
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Cumberland looks like a player. Imagine what one offseason in the program will do. Look at how Evans body has changed. Cumberland is going to be a monster (in a good way)!
Im thinking we suit him up for the football team too.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #1333
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Cronins first Press conference from todays media day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryycMR0Iw4
Some quick takeaways-

- Justin Jenifer is a totally different player. Will be a factor for our team. Learned what it's going to take to be a good college player. Wants to play.

- Tre Scott will be a spark off the bench

- "Quadri Moore is a different person" In great shape.

- "Cane Broome is the poster child for why we all miss in recruiting and rankings don't matter." All you have to do is watch him play and you'll see quick. He beats his man constantly in practice. Bball instincts of a 35 year old.

- Cumberland- will be a factor for our team. Same path as Jacob. Better 3 point shooter than Jacob was as a freshman, but not the defender. Great bball upbringing. He doesn't take bad shots and he doesn't turn the ball over.

- Brooks: Size, attitude and conditioning are all great. Defensively and rebounding he's way ahead of his offense. Best thing he does now is rebound the ball.

- "Evans was the best defensive freshman I've ever had."

- Style of offense having big guys with more range will help Kevin Johnson because he's such a good cutter and good in the motion offense. Cronin is much more concerned with defense than offense with this team.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #1334
justinhub2003
Epic Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGk1...ature=youtu.be

And then troy interviews players
Old 10-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #1335
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Top 6 should be good. Other 4 are huge question marks. I learned a long time ago not to listen to a word Mick says in the preseason. I am glad that basketball season is around the corner even though I think we all know what the outcome will be.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #1336
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Top 6 should be good. Other 4 are huge question marks. I learned a long time ago not to listen to a word Mick says in the preseason. I am glad that basketball season is around the corner even though I think we all know what the outcome will be.
my brother is back!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #1337
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Seriously man, last year must have really bummed you out because before the end of last year I could look for your posts with mostly optimism and a lot of statistical analysis but lately its nothing but Debbie downers
Old 10-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #1338
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Seriously man, last year must have really bummed you out because before the end of last year I could look for your posts with mostly optimism and a lot of statistical analysis but lately its nothing but Debbie downers
I'm not going to derail this thread, but Mick's UNLV stuff followed with an underwhelming recruiting class has put me back where I was in 2009-10. I'm still planning on doing a lot of analysis but I certainly do not feel the same about this program's direction...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #1339
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree on what Mick says in the preseason. The offense was great against the lesser competition but as soon as we played decent teams, the pace went back to a crawl. One of those see-it-to-believe-it situations.

LOL at coach not naming a starting 5 but then states Troy and Gary were all-conference players, Jacob will be in there and Johnson is a senior. Hate that Johnson is the presumed started because of seniority. I am sure Cumberland can't defense at the college level yet, but if he gets to that point and is scoring, he should start.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #1340
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Also, is Cronin talking about Brooks playing with Duval around 13:30?
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote