Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #2231
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Ha on another note. Kenpom has predicted us to win each of our remaining games through out the season.
That's sounds nice lol. The way our conference looks we may only lose 1 game, maybe 2. Then of course Xavier, but they seem to have some issues of their own and I think that one is totally winnable too. 3-4 losses this year will get us no lower than a 4 seed.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #2232
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Or higher I should say I guess
Old 12-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #2233
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
After seeing the team perform through the early part of the schedule and factoring how the other league teams have fared I would be very disappointed with anything less then winning the league and conference titles. I really don't put a lot of stock in the tourney because of its one and done status but with a good draw we can make some noise.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #2234
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
My favorite player this year is Tre Scott - he plays very few minutes but always comes in the game and provides some kind of spark. He shoots 56% from the field -has shown a variety of ways to score- good rebounder- pretty good defense and has more assists than KJ in less than half the minutes also only has 3 turnovers for the year. He doesn't seem prone to silly fouls like Q or KW, the one negative is his free throw %.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #2235
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
My favorite player this year is Tre Scott - he plays very few minutes but always comes in the game and provides some kind of spark. He shoots 56% from the field -has shown a variety of ways to score- good rebounder- pretty good defense and has more assists than KJ in less than half the minutes also only has 3 turnovers for the year. He doesn't seem prone to silly fouls like Q or KW, the one negative is his free throw %.
I don't understand how our ft % is so bad. It's like their arms are too big to have a shooting touch lol.
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #2236
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
After seeing the team perform through the early part of the schedule and factoring how the other league teams have fared I would be very disappointed with anything less then winning the league and conference titles. I really don't put a lot of stock in the tourney because of its one and done status but with a good draw we can make some noise.
I would say there is almost zero chance we don't win regular season Conference title. Tourney, I guess anything could happen, but we should be taking that home this year as well. I'd be very disappointed in any other outcome.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #2237
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I know its early.

But I think pretty clearly this is Cronin's best all around team. The numbers show that as well.

Here is how we ranked in various categories:
Offense stats:
Offensive Efficiency: 35th
Effective FG%: 40th
Offensive TO%: 11th
OFF Reb %: 27th
3pt FG%: 276th
2pt FG%: 9th
off block % ( how often we get blocked): 17th
off steal % (how often someone steals from us): 2nd
Assist to TO ratio: 10th

Defensive Stats:
Defensive Efficiency: 7th
Opp Effective FG%: 12th
Opp TO%: 94th
Off Reb %: 184th
Opp 3pt FG%: 48th
Opp 2Pt FG%: 16th
Block %: 16th
Steal %: 28th
Fouls Per Game: 22nd
TO Margin: 36th

Seriously. On Paper, this is the most complete team. We good basically at everything except 3 point shooting and Free throw shooting. Thats impressive, espeically the offensive stats
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #2238
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I know its early.

But I think pretty clearly this is Cronin's best all around team. The numbers show that as well.

Here is how we ranked in various categories:
Offense stats:
Offensive Efficiency: 35th
Effective FG%: 40th
Offensive TO%: 11th
OFF Reb %: 27th
3pt FG%: 276th
2pt FG%: 9th
off block % ( how often we get blocked): 17th
off steal % (how often someone steals from us): 2nd
Assist to TO ratio: 10th

Defensive Stats:
Defensive Efficiency: 7th
Opp Effective FG%: 12th
Opp TO%: 94th
Off Reb %: 184th
Opp 3pt FG%: 48th
Opp 2Pt FG%: 16th
Block %: 16th
Steal %: 28th
Fouls Per Game: 22nd
TO Margin: 36th

Seriously. On Paper, this is the most complete team. We good basically at everything except 3 point shooting and Free throw shooting. Thats impressive, espeically the offensive stats
I'm really enjoying the brand of basketball that this team is playing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #2239
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
A lot of my friends are westsiders and love UC basketball but aren't obsessed and know every little thing there is know like I do lol..my point is, I have had multiple people text me or ask me about Scott, and say that he is becoming there favorite player. Pretty cool.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 12-19-2016 at 08:55 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #2240
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I will say something about KJ. I know he shoots the ball at an inconsistent rate from 3 and was a turnover machine earlier in his career, but I believe the turnovers troubles are behind him. He's not perfect but believe he's cleaned that up. I do truly get why he plays though, he gets after it on D and I truly think he is out there because he wants to win and is willing to do what ever it takes. I'm hoping his 3 point shooting % will increase which I believe it will, but like we have all said we know he's not going to be lights out.

I rewatched the UC and Purdue tournament game last Friday and noticed his big 3 late when we got down 7 points with 48 seconds left. I thought about how he really has hit some big shots in his career:
Freshman year: Hit a big 3 late against Harvard when we needed a bucket.. It's been awhile since I re-watched this game so I don't remember the details but I know we really needed it, because Kilpatrick wasn't doing much.
Sophomore Year: Big 3 against Purdue like I just mentioned. 48 seconds left down 7. ran down drained a deep 3.
Junior Year: Did well against Houston when they made their run when we were home, but his biggest shot was the 3 that should have won us the game against UCONN. That still hurts.
Senior year: He hit a big fade away 2 pointer against ISU late, and in OT he drove and had nice tough layup to bring us down 1.

Just was thinking about how tough he does play, and never gives up. Not making him out to be our best player, just like the fact he has the Cincinnati mindset, and I think people are a lot harder on him then he deserves. Especially since he reps the brand harder and meaningful then almost anyone that puts on that jersey. I sat by his family at the game against Bowling Green, and they are true fans.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 12-19-2016 at 08:37 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote