Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #241
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
I've laughed after mistakes playing at the collegiate level. Giving up a 0-2 base hit, walking a guy I shouldn't. It was never a laugh as in I didn't give a shit, more so a laugh like come on what the hell are you doing. If I had gotten pissed off (gotten in my own head) I'd have compounded the mistake by more than likely making more. I don't see it as an issue. Everyone reacts to things differntly. There were many times where Troy made a hell of a play and give us a little flex and yell. I don't know about the rest of you but I miss bearcat hoops already. Going to be a long off season.
Fair enough.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #242
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Jon Lester laughed when Hamilton hit a home run off him. It was obviously a mistake because noone gives up hits to hamilton, let alone home runs
Haha on ESPN's Fantasy Baseball podcast they were saying Hamilton needs to be Willie Mays Hayes from Major League, not Major League II.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #243
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Haha on ESPN's Fantasy Baseball podcast they were saying Hamilton needs to be Willie Mays Hayes from Major League, not Major League II.
He needs to be anyone other than who he is
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #244
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Everyone else seems to understand that I'm referring to a certain situation.

And I'm sorry that you've gotten yourself banned before. That's not my doing. But I can see you have a vendetta against me bc of it. So I'll just know from here on out that I can take your criticisms with a grain of salt. Thank you for exposing these feelings.
my vendetta is against people engaged in all forms of stupidity everywhere.

if you find yourself frequently in the crosshairs, it should tell you something.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #245
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
when someone quotes your exact words, you claim that your words are being twisted.

when someone criticizes an outrageous point you make, it's just a difference of opinions.

when you say something even you acknowledge as stupid, backtrack and claim it was not sincere.

am i missing anything else from the jacobkdoyle forum playbook? maybe another ban of madman for not coloring inside the lines in this internet toddler daycare?
We do have to deal with a lot of toddlers in here.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #246
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
my vendetta is against people engaged in all forms of stupidity everywhere.

if you find yourself frequently in the crosshairs, it should tell you something.
#humility
Old 04-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #247
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
I've played many different sports my entire life, coached many different sports my entire adult life, and at my advanced age now, I still play at least 5 or 6 different sports every year. I 100% agree with Jacob. If I lose, or if I'm losing, you couldn't pry a smile onto my face with a crowbar. I smile when I win. Every competitive person I've ever known has been exactly like that. If we saw somebody smiling while losing or playing like crap, we took care of it within the team. Sorry I didn't enter this discussion earlier, but Jacob is spot on. It's almost laughable to read the posts on here that have disagreed with him. Caupain's smiling has bugged the crap out of me, and isn't it a coincidence that he has failed in the clutch so often. True competitors aren't smiling while losing and/or making mistakes.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #248
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
I've played many different sports my entire life, coached many different sports my entire adult life, and at my advanced age now, I still play at least 5 or 6 different sports every year. I 100% agree with Jacob. If I lose, or if I'm losing, you couldn't pry a smile onto my face with a crowbar. I smile when I win. Every competitive person I've ever known has been exactly like that. If we saw somebody smiling while losing or playing like crap, we took care of it within the team. Sorry I didn't enter this discussion earlier, but Jacob is spot on. It's almost laughable to read the posts on here that have disagreed with him. Caupain's smiling has bugged the crap out of me, and isn't it a coincidence that he has failed in the clutch so often. True competitors aren't smiling while losing and/or making mistakes.
You don't know every "true competitor" out there. I hated to loose but I laughed off a bad play/inning/pitch more than once, doesn't make me any less competative. It's not so cut and dry and not every situation is exactly the same, you people on here so so damn blinded by what you want to believe that it's crazy.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #249
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
You don't know every "true competitor" out there. I hated to loose but I laughed off a bad play/inning/pitch more than once, doesn't make me any less competative. It's not so cut and dry and not every situation is exactly the same, you people on here so so damn blinded by what you want to believe that it's crazy.
Nothing is 100% true, but the statement I made is as close to 100% as it can be, and so was Jacob's point of view. I'm still pissed about mistakes I made 40 years ago. I don't laugh them off. I use them as fuel to work harder and fight harder to never experience them again. I grew up in a generation where it was all about winning. Today, we give trophies for participation, so it doesn't surprise me to see people smiling when they fail or lose. This attitude has taken hold of our entire culture and it is why our country is in decline. I'm not a big Trump fan, but some of what he says is true when it comes to winning. Prior generations weren't as accepting of losing and that is why we were the world's leader in just about everything. Not anymore.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #250
insomniaisevil

insomniaisevil is on a distinguished road
Hmm

Watch to the 27 second mark. I guess this guy isn't a winner or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP2JsABVWe4
insomniaisevil is offline   Reply With Quote