Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Wichita St Part II

Thursday, February 17th, 2022
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN2

Wichita State (13-9, 4-6 AAC, NET #73, KenPom #84) may be the one team in the AAC that is more disappointed than Cincinnati with their league campaign so far after Isaac Brown's squad was picked to finish 4th of 11 teams in the preseason poll.

The Bearcats and Shockers currently sit 7th and 8th in the AAC standings, but the visiting team will hope to build on an improved stretch where they've won 4 of their last 6 games after starting out 0-4 in AAC play.

The Shockers have only played 3 road games so far since the start of AAC play and they've lost all 3 which hopefully bodes well for a Bearcat team in desperate need of a win.

The Bearcats are 2.5 point favorites.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Thursday, February 17th, 2022
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN2

Wichita State (13-9, 4-6 AAC, NET #73, KenPom #84) may be the one team in the AAC that is more disappointed than Cincinnati with their league campaign so far after Isaac Brown's squad was picked to finish 4th of 11 teams in the preseason poll.

The Bearcats and Shockers currently sit 7th and 8th in the AAC standings, but the visiting team will hope to build on an improved stretch where they've won 4 of their last 6 games after starting out 0-4 in AAC play.

The Shockers have only played 3 road games so far since the start of AAC play and they've lost all 3 which hopefully bodes well for a Bearcat team in desperate need of a win.

The Bearcats are 2.5 point favorites.
I would like to see a few more wins this year please start tonight! Would like to see a more well rounded game on offense at some point other players have to show if they are capable or not. I know Newman had an injury but if he's on the court...he needs to be able to apply some pressure on the D (if he wants to stick around another year). I would like to see Hensley get the ball in the lane a little bit...we hardly still know anything about him.

I like all of our players but this is not a personality contest. I have seen enough ISO ball in recent years to last a lifetime. Time to see who we want to keep around.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Got part of my wish. We got some scoring action from other players. Hensley was not one. If he can’t play for this team it might be time to move on. We have guys coming in and I hope it doesn’t get any easier to find minutes
Old 02-17-2022, 08:48 PM   #4
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Mason's vastly improved defense has cemented him as the backup at the 3 and that has put Hensley on the bench. Hensley plays well on defense, but he struggles on offense and is probably out of position at SF.

Next year will be the real test for Hensley. Assuming Ody/Lakhin our are starting/backup center next year it should open up minutes for Hensley to backup Davenport at PF, which is probably his natural position.

I like Hensley's potential on defense and his overall athleticism. But he needs to improve offensively, get stronger and be more willing to fight inside for rebounds.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:58 PM   #5
skyblade
Epic Member

Looks like minutes will be coming Hensley's way, so hopefully he is ready. In the post-game conference Miller said Newman reinjured his ankle and hinted he will probably be out for a week or two.

Mason will probably take on about 25 minutes per game while Newman is out, but that leaves 15 minutes and Hensley is the obvious choice to fill them.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:23 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Looks like minutes will be coming Hensley's way, so hopefully he is ready. In the post-game conference Miller said Newman reinjured his ankle and hinted he will probably be out for a week or two.

Mason will probably take on about 25 minutes per game while Newman is out, but that leaves 15 minutes and Hensley is the obvious choice to fill them.
He seemed to be more of an offensive recruit not D. I am glad he is okay on D but I’m not interested if he can’t score. He’s not THAT good on D. Reed is coming in and Skillings. I’ll take my chances

That being said I hope Hensley can get it going but passing around can be done by Ado
Old 02-18-2022, 06:36 AM   #7
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Great team effort. Having Ado back made a noticeable difference on both ends of the floor.

Disappointing to hear about Newman's injury but since we're not playing for an at-large bid at this point, I'm eager to see what Madsen/Hensley can do with extended minutes.

Interesting to see that DeJulius only took 1 3-point attempt last night. It was great to see his playmaking ability flourish down the stretch to seal the win.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:03 AM   #8
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He seemed to be more of an offensive recruit not D. I am glad he is okay on D but I’m not interested if he can’t score. He’s not THAT good on D. Reed is coming in and Skillings. I’ll take my chances

That being said I hope Hensley can get it going but passing around can be done by Ado
I think he is more of an athleticism/potential recruit in the mold of guys like Tre Scott in the past. A big guy, with lots of athleticism who can develop into something more.

It's why I think he's out of position playing SF, you expect offense out of a SF. Whereas a PF can get by with defense, rebounding and scoring off put-backs and dunks.