Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Wright State.
I am glad he isn't a Bearcat. Like I've stated he was like the 40th ranked player in Indiana at one point this past season.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I thought rankings didn't matter.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
kg5

kg5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I thought rankings didn't matter.
kg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
They don't but that would be a deep, deep, find.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
State rankings are different, though. Some prospects are just never evaluated by analysts, and therefore, don't get ranked in the 150 or whatever. Or they do get evaluated and they don't play their best the few times analysts do watch them. State rankings are covered by people who see teams and players play multiple times per year. I know the state of Indiana is loaded in HS basketball, but I'd be a little concerned if we added a kid ranked in the 40s in the state, although he is supposedly a great shooter.

I agree with Jeff, though. I was never overly excited about adding Davis considering some of the 2013 prospects we are after. I hope Davis does well though at WSU.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote