Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #121
indydoug
Senior Member
 
indydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 348
indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Per Rothstein's twitter: Iowa State commit Darius McNeil has been released from his Letter of Intent, per multiple sources. Part of 2017 class. Four-Star PG.
No room at the Inn.....

indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #122
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,383
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Transferring from Cal. Averaged 11, 3, and 2 last season on 35% shooting from 3.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #123
TheRealUC
Elite Member
 
TheRealUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 906
TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Transferring from Cal. Averaged 11, 3, and 2 last season on 35% shooting from 3.
Multiple programs, including Cincinnati have been in contact per report
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #124
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Meh. Would be okay I guess
__________________
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #125
Cin City
Senior Member
 
Cin City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 377
Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Meh. Would be okay I guess
Any non-insider info on recruiting 19 or 20 you can share? or just your thoughts...that i swear i wont hold as gospel.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:01 PM   #126
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
Any non-insider info on recruiting 19 or 20 you can share? or just your thoughts...that i swear i wont hold as gospel.
Unfortunately no. The one person I got most my info from has moved on to a permanent position at a different program.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #127
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
Any non-insider info on recruiting 19 or 20 you can share? or just your thoughts...that i swear i wont hold as gospel.
My thoughts would be I don't trust the big guys we currently have to really progress well other than Diarra. I would hope they try their best to bring a high caliber scoring big and a long athletic wing asap
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:45 PM   #128
Cin City
Senior Member
 
Cin City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 377
Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
My thoughts would be I don't trust the big guys we currently have to really progress well other than Diarra. I would hope they try their best to bring a high caliber scoring big and a long athletic wing asap
I don't know jack...but I'm really high on Wilcher for '20. Dont know how realistic a shot we have, but that would be a great get imo. Thoughts on '20?
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #129
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
I don't know jack...but I'm really high on Wilcher for '20. Dont know how realistic a shot we have, but that would be a great get imo. Thoughts on '20?
Wilcher would be a great start, would also need to add a wing and another big man in my opinion. Here is my ideal scenario for 2019 and 2020...

2019:
Combo G Samari Curtis
SF Myron Gardner

2020:
PF Josh Hemmings
SG CJ Wilcher
SF Josh Hall
C Clifford Omoruyi

Again no more insider information and these are names that have been connected to the program. If Cronin wants to take the next step he needs to really look into getting higher level athletes like Keith and Logan. Easier to work on someones jumpshot than it is to make them a really good athlete. Curtis will provide good outside shooting and Wilcher is a knock down shooter. The others not so much, but the more length and athleticism this team has, the more it can make up for the lack of knock down shooters.
__________________
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #130
tonka
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 93
tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Wilcher would be a great start, would also need to add a wing and another big man in my opinion. Here is my ideal scenario for 2019 and 2020...

2019:
Combo G Samari Curtis
SF Myron Gardner

2020:
PF Josh Hemmings
SG CJ Wilcher
SF Josh Hall
C Clifford Omoruyi

Again no more insider information and these are names that have been connected to the program. If Cronin wants to take the next step he needs to really look into getting higher level athletes like Keith and Logan. Easier to work on someones jumpshot than it is to make them a really good athlete. Curtis will provide good outside shooting and Wilcher is a knock down shooter. The others not so much, but the more length and athleticism this team has, the more it can make up for the lack of knock down shooters.
I think that would be a good start. My preference would be this.
2019: (replacing Broome and Jenifer)
Samari Curtis CG
James Beetle Bolden (Grad Transfer) G

2020: (replacing Cumberland, Scott, Brooks, Bolden, and Fredericks)
CJ Wilcher SG
RJ Davis PG
Earl Timberlake SG/SF
Zed Key PF

I would take Omoruyi or Hemmings for the 5th but I am not sure how realistic that is.

Those are some great players.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.