Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
You and Hoff will get along just fine then.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Everything I keep hearing points to this. I think if ND does not offer, UC has a fighting chance here. Would be huge for BJ.
So far, ND has taken only one LB (Grace) for their 3-4 defense. I'll try to keep tabs on both what they get and Duggan as well.
Was reading their board and their fans tend to think they will only take between 14 and 17 players this year with 14 being a pretty firm minimum and 17 being a hard ceiling. They just picked up their 9th commitment for the 2011 class yesterday so I'd say the odds are getting better that they don't offer. Plus, BK is landing some pretty good national level recruits which honestly has surprised me. Although, I guess if BK likes Duggan and believes that Duggan will commit if offerred maybe he does pull the trigger.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I'm not trying to speak ill of St. X or Coach Specht, but they haven't ever given UC any BCS conference caliber players. Specht bascially begged Notre Dame to take Luke Massa from UC. If Duggans does not end up at ND, he will go to BC, North Carolina State (O'Brien is an X guy) or possibly a B10 school.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
I'm not trying to speak ill of St. X or Coach Specht, but they haven't ever given UC any BCS conference caliber players. Specht bascially begged Notre Dame to take Luke Massa from UC. If Duggans does not end up at ND, he will go to BC, North Carolina State (O'Brien is an X guy) or possibly a B10 school.
To be fair, UC hasn't been a BCS program all that long so the sample size is limited. That said, UC has not had much luck with the top level St. X athlete.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Michigan has offered.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/20...offers-duggan/
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
JasonS
Football Moderator

According to Mike Dyer, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Michigan has offered LB Sean Duggan. Duggan is a 6-foot-4, 220-pound linebacker, that runs a 4.7 40, out of St. Xavier High School.

Michigan is now his ninth offer along with Duke, Ball State, Wisconsin, Boston College, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Air Force, West Virginia, and Ohio. It seems like Sean's recruitment is starting to pick up heavily, as he's also hearing from Notre Dame.

Since he's from Cincinnati, he's obviously a hometown favorite. There's a lot of talk about him within that area, and I think it's a really good find early on for these coaches. Looking at some of the other linebackers that have been offered, it looks like Duggan might be one of the better options to land, at this point.

I would have to assume Michigan would want him on campus for the Big House BBQ, though. I will try to get more as soon as i can.

**EDIT: Update from his coach, Steve Specht:**

I spoke with Sean's coach, and he had some really great things to say about him. Most kids say that academics are important to them, but it seems like that really holds true for Sean. "He's a 4.0 student, and just a tremendous kid. His top 5 consists of Michigan, Cincinnati, Wake Forest, Duke, and Boston College. Academics is really a priority for him. His parents have done a great job raising him, and he just so happens to be a hell of a football player," said coach Specht.

Duggan's recruitment has recently started to take off, which has surprised both him and his coach. "As far as visits go this summer, I don't even think Sean knows what he's going to be doing after his lacrosse game tonight. We didn't think recruiting would blow up for him this soon. We figured it would be during the season. He's still trying to digest this, and wants to finish strong with school and lacrosse," Specht told me.

As far as Duggan on the field, his coach thinks that his best football is still ahead of him. "He's a huge effort guy, he's a worker, and he always wants to get better. He practices hard, he's smart, and likes to study the game. His upside is huge. He's pushing 6'5" and already has over 215 pounds on him. He played all three linebacker spots for us, and is just learning the positions. He really could play a 5 tech on the line, or even tight end. He's very athletic, and is capable of putting on a lot of weight. The opportunities are endless for him, and his best football is yet to come. I really believe that," said Specht.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-lb-sean-duggan-offered
Old 05-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #17
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
ND was at St X. I'm guessing Duggan is a plan B LB for them. Hopefully for UC, ND does not offer. This, along with Belton, is one of the stories to follow for the next several months.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

NC State has offered.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
swg
Epic Member

Arizona offers.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
swg
Epic Member

Virginia has offered St. Xavier junior LB Sean Duggan, says St. X coach Steve Specht
MikeDyer, Monday, May 17, 2010