Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #21
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Alkins Leads Christ the King to New York Catholic Title
March 9th, 2014 5:36 pm
NEW YORK — Rawle Alkins guaranteed a win in the city championship game.

And then he delivered on his promise.

With head Cincinnati head coach Mick Cronin and St. John’s coach Steve Lavin among those on hand, the 6-foot 4 sophomore went off for 24 points, 4 rebounds and 4 blocks as Christ the King defended its CHSAA Class AA title with a 72-61 victory over arch-rival Bishop Loughlin at Fordham’s Rose Hill Gym.

Christ the King advances to defend its New York State Federation title in the tournament which begins March 21.

“I want to just win basketball games,” Alkins said. “I want to create a legacy for every year I’m here. I want to win a city championship and a State championship every year I’m here. ‘ll be the first to do it at Christ the King. Me and Travis Atson.”

Atson, an uncommitted junior forward, added 21 points and 10 rebounds and uncommitted senior big man Adonis Delarosa tallied 10 points and 15 rebounds. Uncommitted senior point guard Andre Walker went for 13 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 turnovers. Atson was named MVP of the tournament, and Alkins and Delarosa made the All-Tournament team.

In the final high school game of their careers, Carrington had 21 points on 8-for-16 shooting, including 1-of-5 from deep, and Rutgers-bound guard Mike Williams scored 17 points on 8-for-19 shooting, 1-of-9 from deep. Loughlin shot just 3-for-21 from beyond the arc.

“I mean, Christ the King/Loughlin, that’s a big rivalry,” the 6-foot-11 Delarosa said. “They got us twice this season. Last year we got them four times. But we got ‘em when it counted. We got ‘em when it counted. I just feel like at this point we’re invincible”

The two Catholic powers have now split four games this season, but in their previous meeting in the Brooklyn/Queens Boro championship last month, Loughlin hammered CTK, 90-71, behind 42 points from Seton Hall pledge Khadeen Carrington.

After that defeat, Alkins promised himself and everyone else that the Royals wouldn’t go down again.

“I just wanted to win so bad,” Alkins said.. I guaranteed this win to everybody after we lost to them in Brooklyn/Queens. I just went home and thought about it.”

After trailing for much of the second half, Loughlin went ahead at two points in the second, taking a 60-59 lead on a pair of free throws from Khalik Howe.

But Alkins answered with a 2-point bucket and then a 3-pointer to push the CTK lead to 64-60.

That was part of a 13-1 game-ending run for CTK, in which Atson and Delarosa went 6-for-6 from the stripe in the final 46 seconds. CTK benefitted at the line, going 26-for-31, while Loughlin shot 10-for-14.

Alkins displayed his full range of talents in the game, shooting 3-for-6 from deep, throwing down a couple of highlight-reel dunks in transition and hitting Delarosa with a nifty pass for a layup.

“He was outstanding,” head coach Joe Arbitello said.

“People always question how good he is because they don’t realize he’s a sophomore. He does everything. He rebounds. We needed him to score today, he scored. That’s what makes him a great player, not just a good player, is that he does whatever it takes to win.”

Alkins isn’t focused on his recruitment right now but mentioned Cincinnati, Villanova and Rutgers among the schools recruiting him the hardest.

“I planned on visiting [Cincinnati] but I didn’t have time,” Alkins said. “I was supposed to go to the game [Saturday], Cincinnati-Rutgers, I didn’t have time to go.

“I’m not really focused on college right now. I’m just a sophomore. Next year I’ll be talking to you about colleges.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/alkins-...atholic-title/
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #22
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Yeah I like him too!
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Cincinnati's @CoachCroninUC continues to work hard for Christ the King 2016 stud guard @Iam_RawleAlkins , per @ctkcoachjarbs
Old 05-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #24
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels
Rawle Alkins is a physical specimen from the wing position. Strong and powerful driver. Good athlete too.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #25
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Rawle Alkins Adds Offers, Wins MVP at Frankie Williams Game
May 30th, 2014 12:02 pm
Rawle-IsaiahGREENBURGH, N.Y. — If there was one takeaway from Thursday night’s Frankie Williams Charity Classic, it’s that Rawle Alkins may be the most exciting high school basketball player in the tri-state area.

The 6-foot-4 Christ the King sophomore guard put on a show during the game, especially during one three-possession stint in which he dunked it one-handed in transition, then flushed two-handed in the halfcourt and followed it by draining a 3-pointer.

“I felt unstoppable, man,” Alkins told SNY.tv after his Team Inspire beat Team Desire, 123-121. “I felt like I every shot I took was going to go in.”

Alkins was named MVP of the event and Seton Hall-bound guard Isaiah Whitehead earned Sportsmanship honors.

“I feel like I played with a lot of confidence,” Alkins added. “I felt good out there. My shots was falling. Playing against a great player like Whitehead, he makes tough shots and he’s a great player.”

Alkins recently added offers from South Florida and George Washington to his previous offers from Villanova, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, Rutgers and Fordham.

“Right now I would say George Washington [is working the hardest] because they recently contacted my cousin,” Alkins said.

Cincinnati has also worked hard on Alkins, with head coach Mick Cronin and assistant Darren Savino attending Christ the King’s win over arch-rival Bishop Loughlin in the city championship in which Alkins went for 24 points, 4 rebounds and 4 blocks.

“Cincinnati is great, Darren Savino is a great game, he comes to all my games,” Alkins said.

It’s still early, but Alkins appears to have a very bright future

http://zagsblog.com/articles/rawle-a...williams-game/
Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'm glad hes starting to talk about his recruitment. He'd be a homerun.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #27
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
After winning the MVP Thursday at Frankie Williams, 2016 Christ the King G Rawle Alkins is continuing his high-flying dunk show here.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:38 PM   #28
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Gotta lock this kid up. A Soph who flat out puts up numbers every game. His bad game is like 17, 6 and 6. Mick is putting in work for him.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #29
BearcatNation54

BearcatNation54 is on a distinguished road
Not that this means anything but Coach Cronin just followed him and he appears to be happy
Rawle Alkins ‏@Iam_RawleAlkins 10m
Just when I taught my day couldnt get any better ! pic.twitter.com/DXG1uq1FHt
BearcatNation54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #30
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatNation54 View Post
Not that this means anything but Coach Cronin just followed him and he appears to be happy
Rawle Alkins ‏@Iam_RawleAlkins 10m
Just when I taught my day couldnt get any better ! pic.twitter.com/DXG1uq1FHt
Posted the same about Kevin Ollie. I guess this is the new wave of recruiting in 2014!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote