Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
If the cats get to the final four he will be coach of the year. If the cats can keep it close I think we will take their will like the FSU game... The cats will not flinch because it is just like all big east games... I love this conference.. It has made the bearcats battle tested just like the SEC in football...
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
If the cats get to the final four he will be coach of the year. If the cats can keep it close I think we will take their will like the FSU game... The cats will not flinch because it is just like all big east games... I love this conference.. It has made the bearcats battle tested just like the SEC in football...
I agree. The Big East is the best thong to happen to the bball program, hell, the football program too!

The Big east has prepared this team for the tournament, for the pressure, for being down but not out. Love it.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Being in the Sweet 16 only matters if you win 4 more games.

I get your point and I agree about the end goal...but I have been amazed at the tremendous amount of media articles and coverage we are getting. There was a time during the season when the only storys being written about us (not related to the brawl) were in the Cincy papers. Now you can find one on about every major sport site and then some.

Other than winning...the exposure will matter. Recruiting....future fan attendance at games...profits and expenditures for the program...national awareness and possibly more TV games next year...etc etc.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I get your point and I agree about the end goal...but I have been amazed at the tremendous amount of media articles and coverage we are getting. There was a time during the season when the only storys being written about us (not related to the brawl) were in the Cincy papers. Now you can find one on about every major sport site and then some.

Other than winning...the exposure will matter. Recruiting....future fan attendance at games...profits and expenditures for the program...national awareness and possibly more TV games next year...etc etc.
I am definitely looking forward to more TV coverage. I remember how much "real ESPN" the bearcats used to be on.. I always joke when we are on the duce or whatever else they call the other channels. I also think we will win some of the recruiting battles for the truly elite talent. I almost prefer to redshirt a kid and watch him grow up a la SK and Jaquan.. on a side note.. Can you believe JP got 11 rebounds against FSU???? I am not sure Ohio State is prepared for a kid with this much heart. Win, Lose, or draw I a have a very good felling about this team bringing intensity.. I have also always wanted to see Gates and Sullinger battle it out..
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote