Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #21
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Bearcats better clean up the defensive rotations... They are giving up way to many wide open threes.
I've seen Butler in person at Hinkle the last 2 years. Dunham is not just a standstill shooter. If you let him open, count it as 3. But he can also create his own. Roosevelt Jones is really big/wide and VERY tough to stop going to the hole. Big challenge for the "cats.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #22
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
I've seen Butler in person at Hinkle the last 2 years. Dunham is not just a standstill shooter. If you let him open, count it as 3. But he can also create his own. Roosevelt Jones is really big/wide and VERY tough to stop going to the hole. Big challenge for the "cats.
Bigger challenge for the Bulldogs.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #23
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I just watched a replay of Butler's Loss to Miami on ESPN 3.

I would think the goals for the game are:
* AttacK Jones down low to get him in foul trouble.
* Run as much as possible, they played just 7 deep against Temple and only 6 guys had double digit minutes
* Double team or put big pressure on Dunham. He is not a physical player, get physical with him and frustrate him.
* Score in the post, no real shot blocker for them
* Stop the 3. Force them to take 2 point shots. However they aren't as great a 3 point team as you would think as they shoot worse than UC and average about 7-8 a game. I still wouldnt give them open looks
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #24
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
* Stop the 3. Force them to take 2 point shots. However they aren't as great a 3 point team as you would think as they shoot worse than UC and average about 7-8 a game. I still wouldnt give them open looks
Dunham is the only one that appears to be a threat from 3. It doesn't look like they take a lot. Lewis has the 2nd most attempts and he's only shot 16.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see our typical defense with them getting open looks from bad shooters, but us not allowing them any space inside.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #25
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Actually just realized how turnover efficient our 3 guards have been (Cobb, Johnson and Caupain).

The guy who has made the biggest turn around is johnson who is averaging just 0.57 TO per game, While Caupain is averaging just 1 TO a game, and Cobb just 1 TO a game.

If you compare that to say Xavier's starting point guard Sumner, He has 20 total on the season and thats more than Cobb, Johnson and Caupain combined.

Im sure those numbers will get even better later on, So UC has done a much better job of protecting the ball. Once Jenifer gets the flow of the game, Im sure he will no longer lead the gaurds in TO's but even his numbers aren't bad with 10 TO in 7 games.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #26
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Actually just realized how turnover efficient our 3 guards have been (Cobb, Johnson and Caupain).

The guy who has made the biggest turn around is johnson who is averaging just 0.57 TO per game, While Caupain is averaging just 1 TO a game, and Cobb just 1 TO a game.

If you compare that to say Xavier's starting point guard Sumner, He has 20 total on the season and thats more than Cobb, Johnson and Caupain combined.

Im sure those numbers will get even better later on, So UC has done a much better job of protecting the ball. Once Jenifer gets the flow of the game, Im sure he will no longer lead the gaurds in TO's but even his numbers aren't bad with 10 TO in 7 games.
Protecting the rock was one of our biggest weaknesses last year and it will be a key factor in how far this team can go in March.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillCosby View Post
Protecting the rock was one of our biggest weaknesses last year and it will be a key factor in how far this team can go in March.
23 AST/23 TO this weekend. Needs to be better in this upcoming stretch.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #28
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Well you guys know regardless of the stats and what defense we throw at X, someone(s) will have a career day shooting and won't duplicate it again all year. It will piss all of us off and then we go about the rest of the season lol
And then ESPN will never, ever let us forget it.

"19 years ago, these two schools got caught in a brawl..."
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #29
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
23 AST/23 TO this weekend. Needs to be better in this upcoming stretch.
The 23 TO I can live with, but that assist total should be at least 30. Shaq and Caupain need to do more driving and dishing than they did this weekend. I'd also like to see more lobs to our big guys once a player drives in the lane, one of our bigs is uncovered almost every time.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #30
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Bigger challenge for the Bulldogs.
Well ok. Don't necessarily disagree. I think it'll be a very close hard-fought game. A worthy opponent for both teams.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote