Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Mick isn't going anywhere. I'm sure this is one of those times where his agent floated his name out there to get some pub. Maybe use it as leverage, though I don't think it will work in this case. It's UNLV for christ sake. It's also obvious from his post game comments that he pays attention to what the fan base says so maybe he is feeling the heat (even though he isn't on the hot seat) from the fans and is trying to turn it. Mick may have some interest from very low level P5 schools or some mid-majors but that's about it.

Either way, would there be a worse fit in college basketball than the UNLV "Runnin Rebels" and Mick? They may have to change their nickname.
He can stay with Pete Rose!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #12
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
and you are right
i'd be shocked if he left for this job but there will be others. He loves Cincinnati and it is a great place to raise children. Hope that is enough to keep him here.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #13
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
i'd be shocked if he left for this job but there will be others. He loves Cincinnati and it is a great place to raise children. Hope that is enough to keep him here.
Id prefer winning kept him at Cincinnati. 8/9 seeds....not so much. He's got work to do.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #14
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Clearly his agent is using this for a contract negotiation so I don't see him leaving for UNLV. I don't want him to leave but won't be heartbroken if he did.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #15
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Oh my God PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Id prefer winning kept him at Cincinnati. 8/9 seeds....not so much. He's got work to do.
Coaches have work to do 24/7. He has done his job and then some. He is more aware of what he needs to do then anyone posting here. You think he doesn't want to be coaching a program like the elite. His dream is to do it here at Cincy. To get there he needs things that the admin. must provide. It's my opinion if given those things he is more then capable of getting us there.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #17
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Clearly his agent is using this for a contract negotiation so I don't see him leaving for UNLV. I don't want him to leave but won't be heartbroken if he did.
Certainly his agent is conducting business but Mick has made it abundantly clear on numerous ocassionally this is his preferred destination. If he leaves it's next man up. Like you I hope he stays.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #18
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Not happening. Nothing to see here. Not even worth a discussion.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Not happening. Nothing to see here. Not even worth a discussion.
Think your right but find it funny that many comment on his lack of coaching ability and mention that he makes to much money and here is a school willing to give him a raise and payout a 3 Mil buyout to get him to coach for them.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #20
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
If he goes, UNLV is just one less school that we'll have to worry about on our quest to win a national championship. I don't know what they will do about their name though. The UNLV Walking Rebels just doesn't have the same pizazz.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote