Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #51
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Your question can be answered with 1 word...hangover! Love the stat about not having a loss outside the rpi top 25!! He must mean at the time they played them though. Villanova is 31st in the rpi this morning according to live-rpi.com. Still 6 of your 7 losses coming against teams in the current top 25 rpi? Wow, that's an awesome stat!
I believe that is what he meant. Any way you slice it, there is nothing even close to a bad loss on the resume.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #52
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
What happened to #4?

I was driving around last night listening to ESPN radio trying to get my daughter to go to sleep and a couple things struck me. First, at the SportsCenter break they literally went through every single top 25 score EXCEPT the UC - Georgetown game. After they came back from that, the host "broke down" every single top 25 game EXCEPT the UC game. He then had the nerve to say, "I know you are probably thinking, 'Wow, you have talked about every relevant game in college hoops,' but there is one more." The one more was the Harvard game. Seriously. The only reason I kept listening to this moron was because Joe Lunardi was coming on and I wanted to hear his take. The idiot host tried to pigeon hole Joe in a corner by asking the question, "Which teams that are not going to be #1 seeds are playing like #1 seeds?" Joe sidestepped the question beautifully by saying, "I don't know if any of these teams are playing at a #1 seed level but teams that are playing their best basketball right now are..." He mentioned several teams including UC. It was literally the only time UC was mentioned last night on an ESPN entity not called ESPN.com. The host tried to essentially skip past UC but Joe kept coming back to them until he could get his stats out that he wanted. He went on to say that UC had 5 Top 25 RPI wins and asked the host if he realized that every single UC loss this year also came against the Top 25 RPI. The show host didn't know what to say.

It is pathetic that this team gets zero respect. I hope they make an elite 8 run this year and show all these know-it-alls what's up!
Great post man. I usually ignore long posts without any paragraph separators (sorry folks), but this was a very solid post worth reading.

Surprising that Lunardi is sticking up for us. I'm glad that he served the host.

CINCINNATI does not get respect. NO ONE wants us to be relevant in the BE. For those of you that think it doesn't matter, it does! We are trying to recruit the hell out of the NJ/NY area, and we need Cincinnati to appear everywhere (SNY, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, USA Today, etc.). These recruits hear about Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, etc. because those teams are on the east coast and coaches can attend their every game, but we're in the midwest and do not get nearly the exposure on the east coast.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #53
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Great post man. I usually ignore long posts without any paragraph separators (sorry folks), but this was a very solid post worth reading.

Surprising that Lunardi is sticking up for us. I'm glad that he served the host.

CINCINNATI does not get respect. NO ONE wants us to be relevant in the BE. For those of you that think it doesn't matter, it does! We are trying to recruit the hell out of the NJ/NY area, and we need Cincinnati to appear everywhere (SNY, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, USA Today, etc.). These recruits hear about Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, etc. because those teams are on the east coast and coaches can attend their every game, but we're in the midwest and do not get nearly the exposure on the east coast.
Thanks man. You hit on something else I hadn't really thought of. The other teams in the Big East do not want a powerful Cincinnati program. They would rather us stay in the middle of the pack. You don't want to have to deal with powerhouses like GT, Cuse, Nova, Pitt, UCONN, Louisville, and then still have to play games against teams like ND and Marquette. Now you throw UC in the mix with the other powers and it makes it that much harder for everyone else. They can try to keep us down but this program is on it's way back up and will be elite before long.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #54
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post

Yes, UC is working extremely hard to be a major player in the NY/NJ area. Mick has taken a personal interst in the area and Savino is a major addition to this staff for that reason alone.

It drives me nuts how little rspect is given to these guys. They criticized the non-conf and now after 5 top 25 rpi wins they simply ignore them. Mick says some of the things he says to try and get the name Cincinnati out there so people will take a look at them.

A good showing at MSG would be a tremendous help to their cause. It will give them visability to the players in the area and huge media exposure. If you're fortunate enough to beat a Nova and a ND and advance to the semi's anything can happen. You will definitely be on ESPN over and over and suddenly people are talking about a 4 seed with the potential for more.

I hope the guys continue their extra work at the line and shooting. The Bearcats are going to have to make shots at some point in the next month.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
Juliepitzer

Juliepitzer is on a distinguished road
What a great time to be down at the arena. Had great seats and watched a great game. The seniors were sent off with dignity and pride. Could not be happier with the team. Crowd was the loudest I can remember since X and there were very few empty seats. Just a great atmoshere. Go Cats.
Juliepitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #56
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
PS I could have sworn I saw Jason Love at the game yesterday. I saw a huge black guy with X warm up sweats on... it was far away but I'm pretty sure it was Love.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #57
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
PS I could have sworn I saw Jason Love at the game yesterday. I saw a huge black guy with X warm up sweats on... it was far away but I'm pretty sure it was Love.
I'm 99% sure it was. he walked right by me.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote