Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This team laid down tonight once they got down big, to make matters worse.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #22
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
pretty sure we didnt score in the final like 8 min? unreal
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
This puts so much more pressure on the NCAA Tournament. If we don't win a game I will be EXTREMELY disappointed with how this season ended. No excuse for what occurred tonight.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Very true ^. I mean all that talk the past 24 hrs didn't mean sh1T. They had no chip, no attitude, no intensity, no common sense. They better regroup because with this squad there is no reason not to win at least 1-2 tourney games.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Everyone associated with this program should be utterly embarrassed. Notre Dame did anything and everything they wanted to do. Only thing that can be said is EMBARRASSING!
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #26
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
maybe i am in the minority, but i am not too bothered by the game tonight. there was not a team in the nation, maybe even the NBA, that was going to beat ND tonight. ND could not miss, could not make a bad pass, and most importantly, could not run a more efficient offense. Going into the game today, i thought the Bearcats were going to win, but they simply got mugged by the #4 team in the nation. The best thing about this team, as seen this year, is they are able to put losses or bad games behind them, and get pumped/fixed for the next game. It was a really tough game to watch, but from a fan of the game's standpoint, ND put on a hell of a show (i just puked in my mouth while writing this sentence).

On a negative side note, Parker showed tonight why he has not been playing. I wonder if transferring is still a possibility?

I hope the Cats take these days off to refresh and recover. Bishop is hobbling, and Cash's knee seems to be bothering him (Bilas even mentioned Cash may have his knee cleaned out again this off-season). I am excited for Selection Sunday, and for the first tourney game in Cronin's tenure.

Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
maybe i am in the minority, but i am not too bothered by the game tonight. there was not a team in the nation, maybe even the NBA, that was going to beat ND tonight. ND could not miss, could not make a bad pass, and most importantly, could not run a more efficient offense. Going into the game today, i thought the Bearcats were going to win, but they simply got mugged by the #4 team in the nation. The best thing about this team, as seen this year, is they are able to put losses or bad games behind them, and get pumped/fixed for the next game. It was a really tough game to watch, but from a fan of the game's standpoint, ND put on a hell of a show (i just puked in my mouth while writing this sentence).
I hope the Cats take these days off to refresh and recover. Bishop is hobbling, and Cash's knee seems to be bothering him (Bilas even mentioned Cash may have his knee cleaned out again this off-season). I am excited for Selection Sunday, and for the first tourney game in Cronin's tenure.
Go Bearcats!
It's the way they laid down in the last portion of the game and let it get to 40 that pissed me off- ND played great- I'm not sure anyone in the country would have beaten them tonight. But don't tell me it was because they were perfect. UC had so many defensive lapses I had to stop watching for a portion.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #28
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
What do they call a game you lose by 1 or by 38? A loss. No question this is embarrassing, but it doesn't change that they have had a great season. The coaching staff needs to tell the players that they need to forget this game, and use it as motivation for the NCAA's. What's important is how they respond, and I think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder and play well in the tourney. At the end of the day, its how you play in the NCAAs, not the BE tourney. A case in point is last year, when GU made the BE finals, and lost in the first round. I'm disappointed, but not discouraged. GO BEARCATS!
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #29
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
What do they call a game you lose by 1 or by 38? A loss. No question this is embarrassing, but it doesn't change that they have had a great season. The coaching staff needs to tell the players that they need to forget this game, and use it as motivation for the NCAA's. What's important is how they respond, and I think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder and play well in the tourney. At the end of the day, its how you play in the NCAAs, not the BE tourney. A case in point is last year, when GU made the BE finals, and lost in the first round. I'm disappointed, but not discouraged. GO BEARCATS!
How do you tell them to forget about it and then use it as motivation at the same time?

All losses are NOT created equal.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
How do you tell them to forget about it and then use it as motivation at the same time?

All losses are NOT created equal.
You forget that the final difference was 38. You say that this this game is an aberation, and not reflective of how good this team really is. You use it as motivation, to say that we blew an opportunity to gain respect, but can still accomplish this in the NCAA tourney. I think we as fans are putting too much into this loss. The players however have a short memory, and will be excited to be in the NCAA's. I don't think they will dwell on this. Nor should they.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote