thebeast is on a distinguished road
#24 in AP

This is more like it
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Still low IMO. This team should be ranked pre-season top 20.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
I like it though. Get that chip on the shoulder.
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Where's Xavier? Oh, that's right, Division 2 teams aren't eligible for the polls!

On a side note, how is Notre Dame ranked 22nd? We are so much better than they are, it's not even close! Can't wait to see Kenny Frease's little bro. (Jack Cooley) get run out of the gym!

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 10-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I don't have any disrespect for Notre Dame. They will be a good team and Mike Brey's teams are fundamentally sound and disciplined. I have no problem with them being ranked in the top 25 but do think they are way over rated by some polls.They will not match up well with talented, disciplined, athletic teams and UC will be one of those.

My problem is the disrespect that Cincinnati gets. I guarantee you if this backcourt was at Georgetown it would be hyped. The past couple of seasons I have made some bold predictions and I feel this team has the chance to be special.My sole concern is the back up point guard situation and I feel that is an unknown at this point. Parker can cover time there if necessary and he at least would be solid, but that's not where you want him. Last season showed clearly he is a wing.

In this offense the frontcourt doesn't need to be great. It needs to defend, rebound, get put backs, and make the easy buckets off dishes. Nyarsuk is a good free throw shooter for a big and that will be a plus. Points will come from guards from deep and driving with Jackson, Rubles, Thomas and Sanders facing up from the 3/4.

This team can be scary good imo. I think they are a top 3 Big East team and a legitimate league championship threat. That said, I think the BEast will be a beast. It will be improved over last season and I think top to bottom it is still the deepest, best league in the country.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
UCbball

UCbball is on a distinguished road
First time posting, pretty excited about the season. Hard to believe we only play 3 pre-season top 25 teams this year. Granted, one of them we play twice. That has to be a season low, right? Fine by me. Best team in awhile, easiest paper schedule. Add that together and we should have a good seed. Go Cats.
UCbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Man this year is going to be great. our defense will be stout I think we re a better team then last yr
Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I guess I dont understand why people are so upset about pre season rankings....

Id rather have a team come in with a chip on their shoulders.

Also, while this team looks really good on paper they have yet to prove anything. If they come in and take care of business there ranking will reflect.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Also, while this team looks really good on paper they have yet to prove anything. If they come in and take care of business there ranking will reflect.
Completely agreed...especially when over the course of the last couple of seasons after a big win or two, they'd be a bit complacent leading to a Mick post-game press conference where he talks about the team thinking they are better than they are. I like #24...Keep 'em hungry.
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Did I miss something here? Is UC the only team that hasn't played any games yet? Are all the other teams already proven? OF COURSE NOT. Preseason rankings are ONLY about what teams look like on paper. The fact this team is not ranked in some preseason polls (and that Cash is not ranked as a top 50 PG) just continues to show the lack of respect this program is getting Nationally. And yes, it does have a factor in fan turn out for games and perception of the program to recruits. You are blind if you think otherwise.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote