Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Uc is much more talented than Alabama and we have a much much better coach.

Alabama is not nearly as good as their record indicates. Their biggest win is over a horrible Villanova team.

Uc should cruise easily by double digits

Last edited by BearcatMick; 11-25-2012 at 04:21 PM.
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I don't think the SEC game is relevant but it is kind of dumb that the basketball game is yet again scheduled during a football game. Who the hell did the scheduling? Did they just not think about other things going on in the world, or even at the school?

I unfortunately will not be there, I would be if it weren't for a formal. I've already been to 3 of 4 so I'm doing my part. Should be there for AR Little Rock.
For both of these games, espn did the scheduling for you. The acc/big east challenge is put together by espn and abc is owned by espn.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
Alabama is long and athletic, should be a good match up.
As for the football game, don't care. Nothing meaningful in it.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
This will be a tough game against a team that plays hard and is athletic. If the Cats are fortunate enough to get the win it will be another good rpi bump and resume builder. Hopefully at least 10k show up.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
BamaCat

BamaCat is on a distinguished road
I probably will be the only person in the State of Alabama watching this game...the SEC championship game is on at the same time. I've watched Alabama a couple of times and they apprear to be a good defensive team. They should finish fouth in the SEC and get a bid to the dance. Will be a tough game...UC by 8.
BamaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCat View Post
I probably will be the only person in the State of Alabama watching this game...the SEC championship game is on at the same time. I've watched Alabama a couple of times and they apprear to be a good defensive team. They should finish fouth in the SEC and get a bid to the dance. Will be a tough game...UC by 8.
I think 8-12 as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
For anyone who was contemplating not going to the basketball game bc the football game is on a bit later....the ticket office is offering a deal:

"Fans can purchase two upper level bleacher seats for just $20. In addition to watching the Bearcats take on the Crimson Tide on the hardcourt, fans are invited to stick around following the game to watch the live broadcast of the Bearcats Football game vs. UCONN on the videoboard. It’s two games for the price of one!"

There we go people, this solves everything and there are no excuses

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...112712aaa.html
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Cronin crazy 5

Cronin crazy 5 is on a distinguished road
This is going to be a very tough game for the cats. This Alabama squad is very good. I think they match very well with us. There guard play is very good also. Our bigs have a chance to be the reason why the game is won. The only difference is Uc has the three amigos and Alabama only has 2.
Cronin crazy 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The 'Tide has three players averaging double figures. Like UC they rely on their guards and are led by Trevor Releford at 18 ppg. He has made 11 of 20 three point shots. As a team they shoot over 46% from the field but like the Bearcats sruggle at the ft line where they hit at a 63% clip.They take decent care of the ball so UC will need to stay in front on players on defense and make Alabama take tough shots.

Defensively they have nobody that averages over 5 rebounds a game and they rank 237th nationally in rebounding. UC has an opportunity to control the boards. Alabama is not a shot blocking team but plays tough defense and will get some steals. If UC doessn't turn it over and they control the boards, it will be a double digit win. Alabama has not allowed 70 points to be scored this season. The Bearcats need to run at every opportunity and not allow the Crimson Tide to get set defensively.

I think they are a solid team, they beat a decent Oregon St. team whose only other loss was to Kansas, and a win today will futher legitimize UC. I think UC does win a hard fought game and adds another line to their resume.

This Bearcat team reminds me of UConn's championship team. A go to guy and 3-4 other guys you can count on for points, with a low post that rebounds and plays D. It's a game UC needs to win and should win at home but I don't think it will be a cake walk. If it is (and if UC doesn't turn it over and is shooting well it could be) you will see Cincinnati start getting some more press.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 12-01-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Agree with everything BC Jeff said ^^. Also I think keeping our turnovers down is a huge key to winning. We must have good ball handling because I think they will be pressuring us hard and hopefully our players just push it up the court quick. I look forward to a rocking crowd at the shoe! Is it bad I am crossing my fingers for at least 10k lol
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote