Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Deveroes Summer League

For whoever is interested, the DSL has a new name but the same format. I am posting a link with details and a schedule. Can't wait to go watch some of the new guys and returnees, it's fun to see. Jermaine Lawrence already said that he would be participating, if anyone has more info, feel free to share.

Here is the link: http://www.citygear.com/blog/city-ge...summer-league/
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Also, I forgot to mention, I am really hoping for at least a 10 pounds heavier Shaq Thomas to show up. He needs to work on filling in his frame....

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 05-29-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Also, I forgot to mention, I am really hoping for at least a 10 pounds heavier Shaq Thomas to show up. He needs to work on filling in his frame....
I'm more concerned with strength than weight. I think his girth means less in the new league, but strength matters no matter where you play. He has to be able to finish and hit free throws.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT4D6...ature=youtu.be

He makes dunking the ball look so easy
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I wish our players would go to professional skill camps or something like that. I agree the DSL is fun for fans to see players up close but its such a waste and a risk for injury. Our players gain nothing from this league.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I wish our players would go to professional skill camps or something like that. I agree the DSL is fun for fans to see players up close but its such a waste and a risk for injury. Our players gain nothing from this league.
I mostly agree, but I wouldn't worry about injury too much. They could get hurt falling out of bed or at a skills camp, for that matter. Skills camps would be nice, but it shouldn't matter as much now with the increase of allowed summer workouts by the NCAA. Repetition is the best way to get better for most of our guys. While the DSL is just for fun and players don't really gain from it, it is repetition and it is better than ordering pizza and playing Xbox all summer. Plus, as you said, it is a fun way for fans to see these guys an their athleticism up close. Shaq Thomas had a dunk at the game I went to last year that almost caused me to drop my drink. He was on the receiving end of a lob that looked like it would sail over his head, until one hand came out of nowhere and just slammed it home. Very impressive to see and it gives you a sneak peak of incoming players....
Old 06-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Rosters have been partially released, here are the current Bearcats playing so far:
Clovernook: JD3 and JJ
Cincysportsworld.com: Guyn
Jackson All-Stars: Rubles and Sanders
Mansoor Law Office: David Nyarsuk and Shaq Thomas
Slats: Lawrence, Strickland, Morman, KJ, and Caupain

All I can say is that I will definitely have to go see SLATS, it is nice they put everyone in this class together....

I doubt SK will play, considering he has the World University Hames, but he might make a few games if he has time.

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 06-11-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
BearcatsHoops

BearcatsHoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rosters have been partially released, here are the current Bearcats playing so far:

All I can say is that I will definitely have to go see SLATS, it is nice they put everyone in this class together....

I doubt SK will play, considering he has the World University Hames, but he might make a few games if he has time.
Wow, going to have to make sure I get to a Slats. That should be a lot of fun to watch.
BearcatsHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:

SK usually plays in a summer league in New York and they are only allowed to play in one summer league. So don't expect SK to play in deveroes.

Wonder who the returning guys for the slats will be. I think they are still allowed two.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
SK usually plays in a summer league in New York and they are only allowed to play in one summer league. So don't expect SK to play in deveroes.

Wonder who the returning guys for the slats will be. I think they are still allowed two.
No on else is left, minus SK, everyone on scholarship this upcoming year has been assigned a team already. My guess is that a few former Bearcats (John Willamson, Cash, Cheikh, etc.) would help fill out SLATS, along with a few smaller college/local products.....