Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Larry Brown is Stepping Down

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 19m19 minutes ago

BREAKING: Larry Brown is stepping down as head coach of SMU, sources told @CBSSports. Tim Jankovich will take his place moving forward.
362 retweets 102 likes
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Well the SMU run didn't last very long.

We should go 15-3 in the AAC this year.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Not really sure what to expect from SMU this year. No little Moore running the point. Or Tolbert and Kennedy in the post. They currently do not have a single center on their roster and only 2 PFs. They do have 7 SG/SF so maybe they go with Semi Ojeleye(projected to be their best player) at the 4. The only PG on the roster is a freshmen who wasnt highly recruited so we wont know what to expect from him until the season starts. With so many guards they have options, but im not sure how good those options are to run the point.

Last edited by coachpipe; 07-08-2016 at 08:45 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We take 2 from them this year
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We take 2 from them this year
If memory serves me we should have taken 2 from them last year. We had a 7 point lead with 3 minutes to go and blow the game.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
youre right. We kinda own SMU besides the time I think we were ranked #7 with SK and they blew us out by about 20. That might be the last time we lost by 20 points in over 2 years ago. That says a lot. Have to assume UC is going to be in every game and has a chance to win. However, Duke scares me this year lol.

Back to Larry Brown I am sad to see him go because if you look at our conference we have some pretty big name coaches. I wonder if players will transfer out? He seemed done last year just hearing him talk. Could tell his time in coach might be up. He talked so good about UC in both their press conferences. It was awesome to hear.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 07-08-2016 at 09:16 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Adios Larry Brown. Even though he always seemed to speak well of UC I could care less he left. He is a dirty college coach. Always has been and continued to be during his time at SMU. I never thought his intentions were genuine at SMU. I remember hearing he was there for his child who attended SMU. Not sure if that holds any water but his tenure was as long as a college student.
I also never thought highly of SMU in general. Regardless if the American takes a hit because they will drop in talent I dont care. Their suckiness will not hurt the AAC's image. It already sucked with their success.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote