Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #491
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
but temple is one of the worst rebounding teams in college. we allowed them to rebound 42.5% of their misses they average 29%.
I was pulling my hair out. We gave them WAY too many extra possessions. Around 30 missed rebounds and turnovers total I think. I think around 25 of them may have happened in the first half. Geezus! We gotta keep that number closer to 20 for the game let alone a half.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #492
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Im not taking anything back. Ill stand by my scott is awful takes until he transfers in the summer. Hes terrible, I honestly dont even understand what you can possibly be watching to not cringe when hes in the game

I cant wrap my head around someone watching Scott and thinking, yea...Im confident when hes on the court. Hes not "established" like you say he is. If he was, Mick would have given him more than 4 minutes in a game where both bigs were in foul trouble . mick obviously has zero faith in him as well
Smh. You don't get to claim this point. You don't speak for the coach. And I'd bet a lot of money that he'd say the exact opposite.

He didn't play last night bc he was having a bad game. Period. Wasn't able to get anything done. That's why he got 4 minutes. It's ONE f*cking game. You taking it to a level of him not being a D1 player makes you look like a fool. You can still take your sh*tty take back anytime though...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #493
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
@Temple and @UCF are always going to be ugly wins. I don't know what it is.
We refuse to change our offense against a defense that is clearly able to stop it.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #494
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
interesting that was the comment that took you overboard.
It wasn't meant for that comment. This should have been a stand alone comment
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #495
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
We refuse to change our offense against a defense that is clearly able to stop it.
I agree. I mean we don't change anything but I just don't get how cold our teams have to be in those arenas. It's just weird. Someone should run the numbers on our FG % and 3 pt FG % at Temple and UCF its gotta be horrific.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #496
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We need Cane in there as much as possible it's that simple. I'll live with some of his turnovers. He makes so many things happen. That game would have had a whole different feel to it last night. I just still don't get how people say he's not a pg.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #497
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
4 minutes in a game where our bigs were in foul trouble..but yea..."established role player"
He's averaging double digit minutes. He is an established role player. That's literally exactly what he is. He is a guy who has bought into his established role. He's also an amateur and an underclassman.

Look, you said he's not a D1 player. You can still take it back. And honestly, even if I didn't believe it, I'd take it back if I were you. Your credibility on this board takes a nosedive every time you double down. I know it's early in 2018, but you may have already locked down worst take of the year. And all you have to do is admit that you went too far with it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #498
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Smh. You don't get to claim this point. You don't speak for the coach. And I'd bet a lot of money that he'd say the exact opposite.

He didn't play last night bc he was having a bad game. Period. Wasn't able to get anything done. That's why he got 4 minutes. It's ONE f*cking game. You taking it to a level of him not being a D1 player makes you look like a fool. You can still take your sh*tty take back anytime though...
But its not just 1 ******* game. Its his 3rd year in the program. And you are so stuck on the not a division 1 basketball player. Like holy shit dude. youre missing the entire point of the actual conversation because you are fixed on that...Hes a terrible basketball player. actually hes not a basketball player, hes an athletic athlete. And how can you say he didnt get playing time because he had a bad "game" it was 4 minutes. there are 40 in a game. If mick had confidence in his..."established role player" wouldnt he have more than a 4 minute leash in a game where an "experienced role player" is actually needed?. Our bigs were in foul trouble and mick had such little faith(and yes I can say this because if you are supposed to be an "eestablished role player" your coach would play you in those exact circumstances)

Isnt that the point of the "role playing bench players" to play a role? well his role is supposed to come give quality minutes when Gary is tired or in foul trouble

Last edited by coachpipe; 01-05-2018 at 09:42 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #499
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Get Cane back in there. Get Cumberland on track. Stop the turnover train.

Our ceiling is very high if we can somehow get these things done. Two of these things are easily addressed. One of them was addressed in the 2nd half last night. Another is as simple as waiting for an ankle to heal. Even if for some reason Cane doesn't start I think we all saw last night we will take 20-25 minutes of Cane over not having him in there.

The Cumberland issue is a head scratcher.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #500
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
He's averaging double digit minutes. He is an established role player. That's literally exactly what he is. He is a guy who has bought into his established role. He's also an amateur and an underclassman.

Look, you said he's not a D1 player. You can still take it back. And honestly, even if I didn't believe it, I'd take it back if I were you. Your credibility on this board takes a nosedive every time you double down. I know it's early in 2018, but you may have already locked down worst take of the year. And all you have to do is admit that you went too far with it.
Hes getting double digit minutes in games against zero competition. He got double digit minutes against our two losses(maybe theres something to that) and since then has only seen 15 minutes COMBINED in 3 games against above average competition

Last edited by coachpipe; 01-05-2018 at 09:44 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote