Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #521
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
huh? where am i wrong? I litterally went and checked his minutes and posted the findings...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...4620/tre-scott

double digit minutes

Savannah
western carolina
coppin
not buffalo because they were decent
richmond
wyoming
alabama state

xavier--lost
florida--lost

not miss state
not UCLA

ark pinebluff
cleveland st
memphis
not temple

So like I said...He got double digit against bad teams....and our only 2 losses. After our losses we went and played 2 more decent teams...which he didnt get double digits in. Then we played 3 cupcakes which he got double digits...then temple where he didnt
There's no discernable pattern. A lot of the time he has no say in the exact amount of minutes he plays. If Clark is going good against anyone decent, he'll get the 30+. If it's a blowout, there is foul trouble, or anything else, he'll play more. Scott's role is to be a backup and hold serve. He normally does that. And this year, on this team, that's all we need him to do. He didn't do that last night. He had a really bad game. I don't think that's typical of him at all though. Up to this point he has been serviceable imo. I'm not getting into anything beyond this year. I have no idea what that's going to look like. This year his role is very defined. He fits that role most of the time. Sometimes guys have awful games. It's not like he wanted that. And we're fortunate enough for that to not be something that sinks us. Ease up on the young man. He's working his ass off to help the team in any way he can.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #522
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
oh well..ban me...please. He ******* sucks. Noone had a problem saying it about quad the last 3 years. Or kelvin gaines before that. When a player sucks, it gets brought up.
If you read my post I thought it was a very nice way to ask to be a little more respectful in how to address player concerns. If you can't do that we can grant your request.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #523
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
productive conversations work by moving past the least important words of the entire argument. but i wouldnt expect anything else from you. ive gotten in multiple arguments with you and they are all the same.

Important part of conversation...Scott is terrible
So in that you can say as much ridiculous crap as you want and not be held accountable? Like Scott = Q Moore and he's not a D1 player. That sounds like fun.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #524
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
oh well..ban me...please. He ******* sucks. Noone had a problem saying it about quad the last 3 years. Or kelvin gaines before that. When a player sucks, it gets brought up.
The true colors always show through.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #525
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
since all you do is focus on 1 point of conversations so will I.......4 minutes last night
He had a horrible game. Exceptions can exist, especially in amateur sports. Probably not the best thing to stick on if you want me to look as bad as you do for the non-D1 player stuff. You just flat out aren't getting out of that until you admit is was wrong. Or you can keep digging. Your choice. Although I just saw your latest post so you probably won't be around. I hope taking down one of our players was worth it to you. I hope you feel good about that.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #526
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
He had a horrible game. Exceptions can exist, especially in amateur sports. Probably not the best thing to stick on if you want me to look as bad as you do for the non-D1 player stuff. You just flat out aren't getting out of that until you admit is was wrong. Or you can keep digging. Your choice. Although I just saw your latest post so you probably won't be around. I hope taking down one of our players was worth it to you. I hope you feel good about that.
I guess you realized it was a weak point and deleted it. First smart thing you've done all day.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #527
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I still don't get why we didn't redshirt Mamoudou?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #528
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
So in that you can say as much ridiculous crap as you want and not be held accountable? Like Scott = Q Moore and he's not a D1 player. That sounds like fun.
youre right. Scott is soo much better than Quad

And F off with the...true colors bullshit...im not the idiot who thinks scott is a decent basketball player. So id rather be an a$$hole prick than a blind idiot
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #529
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I still don't get why we didn't redshirt Mamoudou?
I think it's been said that it was up to him.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #530
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
is saying someone sucks really disrespectful in a way that outweighs its relevance for discussion? "scott is bad at basketball" is a meaningful component of conversations about the direction of the team.

i've never understood the push to run this place like a middle school. aren't we adults here?
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote