Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #51
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
UC win 76-62.

Thomas...9 pts, 5 boards
Gates...8 pts, 6 boards
Vaugn...16 pts, 5 boards, 7 assists
Parker...6 pts, 5 boards
Lance...14 pts
Davis...7 points
Wilks...7 points
Cash...7 points, 5 assists

FG: 39 percent
FT: 15-16 (94 percent)
Attendance: 2,410
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 AM   #52
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
UC win 76-62.

Thomas...9 pts, 5 boards
Gates...8 pts, 6 boards
Vaugn...16 pts, 5 boards, 7 assists
Parker...6 pts, 5 boards
Lance...14 pts
Davis...7 points
Wilks...7 points
Cash...7 points, 5 assists

FG: 39 percent
FT: 15-16 (94 percent)
Attendance: 2,410
Could the attendance be down due to it possibly being St. Patrick's Day?

I'm thinking most people maybe took a personal day from work today to watch the NCAA and hit the bars last night to party.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #53
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure that played into it, as well as the opponent. I'm guessing Dayton will bring a huge group of fans into 5/3 on Monday. Hopefully, the Bearcat fans will get out and (here we go..) RTC!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #54
swg
Epic Member

Postgame Quotes

Cronin...

On Getting to 19 Wins

“It is progress. Getting into the NIT is progress. We came so close in so many games and we displayed the kind of team at times that our fans thought we should be back in the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately, we play in the BIG EAST which can be cruel to young teams. Onward and upward in the NIT. ESPN2 game tonight helps recruiting and it all helps recruitment of the program. We have to continue to progress.”

On Guys Gaining Confidence

“It is important to get some wins. As a coach you can talk all you want about hanging in there and you are playing well. Even I get frustrated. It is frustrating for all of us to go through close games. To get wins, helps anybody’s confidence.”

Vaughn...

On Standing Ovation

“It felt good. Coach was trying to be funny about it. I just wanted to sit down and finish our game off together in the NIT.”

On 15-16 from the Line

“A lot of free throws during practice. We focus on it more for the first time ever. We have to make 21 free throws in five minutes. For the first time ever, we finally made it. A lot of people are focusing and making them.”

On 19 Wins Being Most under Coach Cronin

“It is good to see that we improve every y ear since I have been here. That is something Mick and I have talked about as a coach and player. We have done it so far. We have gotten better as a team. The coaching staff has done a great job of getting people who want to play hard. I’m just glad to play with these guys.”

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...031710aac.html
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #55
swg
Epic Member

I believe the game is Monday at 9pm on espn.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #56
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Shouldnt worry about the attendance.

UConn only had about 4,000
UNC had about 5,000
Dayton which sells out almost every game had a little over 4,000

I expect a decent crowd for Dayton if the game is on Monday. It will spark some interest around here.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote