Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #111
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Or when he just starred at loose balls right next to him. Or let the guy shoot an uncontested lay up right in front of him. In which tre yelled at him for.

He’s just not a basketball player. It’s pretty simple. Seems like a nice guy though
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #112
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
like put 5 guys in the paint and dare them to shoot?
Bruh you know they will hit 15 threes when we do this and then proceed to never make them again all year
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:33 AM   #113
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yikes.

Last years ticket resell was great. This season you can go to tonight’s game for as cheap as 0 dollars or 1 dollar. Plus 3 dollars in seller fees.

I do think the excitement around the program has faded a bit. And UC football competing for conference championship doesn’t help
I don’t think a Bearcat fan sees the football programs success as a problem. I can’t believe the lack of buzz on this board for the incredible ranked run Fick and the boys are on.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:47 AM   #114
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Bruh you know they will hit 15 threes when we do this and then proceed to never make them again all year

those other xavier team at least had some ok shooters on them.

but you're right, marshall will probably hit 8 3's
Old 12-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #115
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I don’t think a Bearcat fan sees the football programs success as a problem. I can’t believe the lack of buzz on this board for the incredible ranked run Fick and the boys are on.
I think people get tired of losing big games in the worst ways ever. It’s been 30 years in this town and not much winning, (some at the college level). The reds, bengals, Bearcats in the tournament, etc.. Call it bandwagon or whatever but it sucks caring that much every year, and getting crushed every year.
Also, college football is rigged if you are not one of the big boys. Hard to get too excited for the cotton bowl.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 12-04-2019 at 08:14 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #116
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
This squad right here could be decent

Vogt 30 mpg Sorolla 10
Scott 32.5 mpg Davenport 7.5
Cumberland/Williams/Cumberland 30 mpg
MAW and McNeal 15 mpg
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:47 AM   #117
cincrulz11
Epic Member

McNeal played a lot of off-guard last night didn't he? Cumberland was running the point a lot when they were both in and MAW when he was in.

I really dislike McNeal at off-guard. I guess we don't feel like we can play defense with a lineup of

Cumberland
Williams
Cumberland
Scott
Vogt
Old 12-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #118
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I was busy and missed most of the game. Tried to watch on my phone, but then my battery died. Saw some pieces, but not enough to really evaluate based on play.

From the little I saw, it looked like we were hitting from 3 and doing well with the inside out game. Took advantage of Vermont's starting center being injured.

Looking at the statistics, I'm not sure how much I trust this game to reflect the future. It's hard to lose when you shoot 63% from 3. It would be great if guys continue to shoot like they did tonight, but I don't have much faith it will happen.

Biggest positive was Vogt defensively, it looked like he was actually helping on defense and being an interior presence on D. Not just following his man wherever he went. Though he did give up some 3's, but with a guy with his lack of athleticism you can't have it both ways.

Negatives, Scott and Vogt both played over 35 minutes, in a game where we led by as much as 20. That's not sustainable over the season, especially not once we get to tournament play. It might not even be sustainable over the next few weeks. Have to get the backups minutes. Brannen has been bad at giving minutes to the backups so far this season.

Nice to see Vogt get some offensive rebounds, but only 6 rebounds in total is still bad. Especially against a team missing it's starting center and playing no one taller than 6'8". I guess I just have to get used to having centers that are bad at rebounding, it's not too bad this as we have Scott to carry the load, not sure what happens next year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:12 AM   #119
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I was busy and missed most of the game. Tried to watch on my phone, but then my battery died. Saw some pieces, but not enough to really evaluate based on play.

From the little I saw, it looked like we were hitting from 3 and doing well with the inside out game. Took advantage of Vermont's starting center being injured.

Looking at the statistics, I'm not sure how much I trust this game to reflect the future. It's hard to lose when you shoot 63% from 3. It would be great if guys continue to shoot like they did tonight, but I don't have much faith it will happen.

Biggest positive was Vogt defensively, it looked like he was actually helping on defense and being an interior presence on D. Not just following his man wherever he went. Though he did give up some 3's, but with a guy with his lack of athleticism you can't have it both ways.

Negatives, Scott and Vogt both played over 35 minutes, in a game where we led by as much as 20. That's not sustainable over the season, especially not once we get to tournament play. It might not even be sustainable over the next few weeks. Have to get the backups minutes. Brannen has been bad at giving minutes to the backups so far this season.

Nice to see Vogt get some offensive rebounds, but only 6 rebounds in total is still bad. Especially against a team missing it's starting center and playing no one taller than 6'8". I guess I just have to get used to having centers that are bad at rebounding, it's not too bad this as we have Scott to carry the load, not sure what happens next year.
I understand your comments on Vogt...when we get to the meat of the schedule he's not going to look as good as he has but the good thing is he has looked good so far rather than bad.

In terms of shooting of course we can't sustain 63% from 3 but we can't sustain games of 16% either so let's just call it a wash. Vermont shot over 50% so we can't put the win on the 3 line. We were up 20 on this team when we put some subs in and also Jarron sat a large portion of the game
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #120
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I’m not a football guy. To me it’s a necessary evil to get into a better league.

I watch every UC football game. And am incredibly happy with the result, it’s just I’m a basketball first kinda guy.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote