Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #21
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Very interesting! It would be interesting to see what MAW and McNeal do with this bunch on the floor. Outside of a few high turnover games early on MAW has the 3rd highest TS% on the team (to Vogt and Sorolla) but his ORTG is only better than Moore, McNeal, and Harvey (because of TO's I would guess). McNeal is 2nd lowest in ORTG and tied for last in TS%. Moore is last in both categories so far.

If MAW can take care of the ball...he could be a decent PG option.

yeah that turnover rate for MAW is gonna destroy any efficiency stats.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #22
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
taken from Justin Berg on twitter, but i think this is a pretty positive sign. also of note is this doesn't include our 1 game vs a horrible team.

Through 7 games, UC has played only 95 possessions with Jarron Cumberland, Keith Williams, Trevon Scott and Chris Vogt all on the floor together.

Per http://hooplens.com that foursome is shredding teams:

1.19 pts per poss scored
0.79 ppp allowed
This is also not counting the Alabama A&M game when Jarron didn't play which I think would have made this stat higher.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #23
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Does FTR come into play for ORTG? I would guess it does. McNeal, Harvey, Davenport and Cumberland are getting to the line. Missing FT's doesn't help when you get there but not getting there doesn't help either.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #24
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think his turnover rate will continue to shrink as the season progresses. From an analytics stand point the team plays better with McNeal on the court but I just don't know how you keep MAW off the court if he continues to show signs of improvement.

As for McNeal.... The guy has so much heart and hustle but he doesn't know his role, he is not the star, his role is defense and dribble drive, attack the basket, kick it out to the wings...… But he is a great team guy... If you watch his highlights at New Mexico he attacks the rim and plays great defense.... I don't know if its JB's offense but McNeal should not have the green light to shoot from anywhere that is not under the rim when driving to the basket.... His FG% speaks for itself, I know its early and things could improve but I do see MAW taking his spot in the starting rotation before the season is over.

Side note.... MAW and Mike Saunders are going to be so fun together to watch in the next few years
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
taken from Justin Berg on twitter, but i think this is a pretty positive sign. also of note is this doesn't include our 1 game vs a horrible team.

Through 7 games, UC has played only 95 possessions with Jarron Cumberland, Keith Williams, Trevon Scott and Chris Vogt all on the floor together.

Per http://hooplens.com that foursome is shredding teams:

1.19 pts per poss scored
0.79 ppp allowed
Does Hooplens give a full report on plus minus? How much does it cost?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #26
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I got a kick out of listening to Cronin much of the time so I always tuned in...but they weren't all that informative.
I always watched his pregame interviews just to see what was happening in the background. There were always ridiculous things going on. Last year Jarron would tie his shirt around his neck like a cape and shoot underhanded three pointers.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I always watched his pregame interviews just to see what was happening in the background. There were always ridiculous things going on. Last year Jarron would tie his shirt around his neck like a cape and shoot underhanded three pointers.
I used to watch to see who was on the floor early...but yes there were some interesting things to watch in the background
Old 12-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #28
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Yikes.

Last years ticket resell was great. This season you can go to tonight’s game for as cheap as 0 dollars or 1 dollar. Plus 3 dollars in seller fees.

I do think the excitement around the program has faded a bit. And UC football competing for conference championship doesn’t help
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:24 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yikes.

Last years ticket resell was great. This season you can go to tonight’s game for as cheap as 0 dollars or 1 dollar. Plus 3 dollars in seller fees.

I do think the excitement around the program has faded a bit. And UC football competing for conference championship doesn’t help
I think most fans are reactionary and impatient.

Sounds about right. I am sure you can relate
Old 12-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #30
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think most fans are reactionary and impatient.

Sounds about right. I am sure you can relate
From the way everyone around here reacted to me, I thought my issues were an isolated thing.

I feel like tickets are so cheap that... if you hated mick and wanted change then you should be in those seats.

I’ll admit though, watching a bad team makes it a lot harder to leave the comfort of your home, to go out to Clifton where it’s cold, you pay 10 bucks to park and you end up walking 5 blocks to the arena.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote