Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #11
CrakkerBarrellsX
Banned

CrakkerBarrellsX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy0414 View Post
Yes it is what i meant. The didnt make the tourney last year, and they had Russel carry them to the tourney the year previous.
Dude, Russell was #2 pick in draft and just played on usa junior team. Mick in 10 years hasnt had one player get picked in 1st rd. We need to stop worrying about x and oh state and get our own shit together.
CrakkerBarrellsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #12
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrakkerBarrellsX View Post
Dude, Russell was #2 pick in draft and just played on usa junior team. Mick in 10 years hasnt had one player get picked in 1st rd. We need to stop worrying about x and oh state and get our own shit together.
I smell a bulldog. However I agree that losing kids in your backyard is never a good look if you want to be an elite program. If they wrap up Keith Williams in 2017 I'll be happy I guess. I think Moore, Ellie, and Williams all fill a needed role. Knock down shooter, high level rim protector, all around Jaquan Parker production guy. Seems they lack star power though.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #13
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
I smell a bulldog. However I agree that losing kids in your backyard is never a good look if you want to be an elite program. If they wrap up Keith Williams in 2017 I'll be happy I guess. I think Moore, Ellie, and Williams all fill a needed role. Knock down shooter, high level rim protector, all around Jaquan Parker production guy. Seems they lack star power though.
jack I agree would like to get back to owning our state again.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
I agree. I'm getting maybe a little unrealistic selfish but I really want Epperson and Williams.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #15
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I agree. I'm getting maybe a little unrealistic selfish but I really want Epperson and Williams.
You're going to be very disappointed. After 10 years I'm stunned at the level of expectations some of us have...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #16
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
You can't blame the staff. Unfortunately so many cincinnati people are so far up osu a$$ and think it's the best thing about Ohio so a kid like this knew where he was going from the jump. Good for him. Anyone that thinks OSU is the way to go I hope gets out of cincy as fast as possible
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #17
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
UC definitely needs to be recruiting Ohio and more so Cincinnati better. Football and basketball. The one advantage any school naturally has in recruiting is geography and UC doesn't seem to want to take advantage of it. I will say one legitimate problem unique to Cincinnati is its kind of an island. You cross the river you're in Big Blue country, you head 15 miles west you're in Indiana and you go not too far north and people forget Cincinnati is part of Ohio. Simply put though UC can't use that as an excuse. You get in a kids living room and you sell his parents on how close we are to them and they can come to his games, etc. etc. and the rest goes out the window. UC is a good school, they compete at a high level so they shouldn't sell themselves short just assuming kids will go to OSU or other Big Ten schools. We need to get somebody on staff that has local ties to the recruiting scene and can sell UC to this area. I'm tired of trying to pluck kids out of NYC, DC and NC areas. You're at a disadvantage in every situation going in. Football even more so. Tubberville should be recruiting Cincinnati hard. If a kids good enough to go to OSU, I get it, but those next level players should want to come to UC. Make that happen.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
CrakkerBarrellsX
Banned

CrakkerBarrellsX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
UC definitely needs to be recruiting Ohio and more so Cincinnati better. Football and basketball. The one advantage any school naturally has in recruiting is geography and UC doesn't seem to want to take advantage of it. I will say one legitimate problem unique to Cincinnati is its kind of an island. You cross the river you're in Big Blue country, you head 15 miles west you're in Indiana and you go not too far north and people forget Cincinnati is part of Ohio. Simply put though UC can't use that as an excuse. You get in a kids living room and you sell his parents on how close we are to them and they can come to his games, etc. etc. and the rest goes out the window. UC is a good school, they compete at a high level so they shouldn't sell themselves short just assuming kids will go to OSU or other Big Ten schools. We need to get somebody on staff that has local ties to the recruiting scene and can sell UC to this area. I'm tired of trying to pluck kids out of NYC, DC and NC areas. You're at a disadvantage in every situation going in. Football even more so. Tubberville should be recruiting Cincinnati hard. If a kids good enough to go to OSU, I get it, but those next level players should want to come to UC. Make that happen.
UC canpus is 100x better than any other campus in a 100mile radius. We have everything we need as far as resources go. Its put up or shut up for both coaches. Zero excuses. 2 local kids in 10 yrs is an embarrassment. Not to mention this kid might be best to come out of Cincy since Mayo and we just now offering.
CrakkerBarrellsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrakkerBarrellsX View Post
UC canpus is 100x better than any other campus in a 100mile radius. We have everything we need as far as resources go. Its put up or shut up for both coaches. Zero excuses. 2 local kids in 10 yrs is an embarrassment. Not to mention this kid might be best to come out of Cincy since Mayo and we just now offering.
Completely agree
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #20
DSquare

DSquare is on a distinguished road
Guys, it's been well known he wanted to go out of the city, and was a heavy osu lean. He could very well change his mind before he goes anywhere given he's committing this early, but this is a very, very competitive market and you will never get all of the top guys. That said, osu lost just about everyone of their recruits from the 2015 class who transferred out, and with Matta's health, who knows who the coach might be in 2018 or 2019. He's under some silent heat in Cbus.
DSquare is offline   Reply With Quote