Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
the Bengals pick up Mardy!
For what purpose? Its not playing WR in the NFL.... I like the kid, but he is not a realistic pick. He is a NFL return guy and that is all.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Hate to agree with LivingLegend, but I agree. While he may play wide reciever, I don't think he is one of the best recievers on the board. I would be okay with taking him in the 5th round or later. I want Golden Tate. If not for anything else, his name is awesome.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Hate to agree with LivingLegend, but I agree. While he may play wide reciever, I don't think he is one of the best recievers on the board. I would be okay with taking him in the 5th round or later. I want Golden Tate. If not for anything else, his name is awesome.
5th round or later? Are you serious? Mardy Gilyard will make plays in the NFL and not just in the return game. The kid has a knack for making plays when needed. That's something the Bengals don't have. They do not have any receivers who are clutch. As much as I love Ochocinco, he is very inconsistent from game to game.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Your smockin the rock if you think Mardy will be there in the 5th round.

There is something about Mardy that some people just don't see. The intangable you can't point out. He has the "it" factor.

He always made the big play when it counted. Some people get it and some don't.

Not to mention he has 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vertical ( top 3 ).

Where the Ted Ginn's of the world have the 4.29 speed they lack the football player. The it factor. Mardy has that.

Plus field position is HUUGE in the NFL. You start at the 35 instead of the 20 each possession and that makes a huge difference.

Mardy is not a #1. He is a #3 that could eventually be a #2.

You may have better recievers but your team is better with Marshawn Gilyard without a doubt.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
5th round or later? Are you serious? Mardy Gilyard will make plays in the NFL and not just in the return game. The kid has a knack for making plays when needed. That's something the Bengals don't have. They do not have any receivers who are clutch. As much as I love Ochocinco, he is very inconsistent from game to game.
These posters are clearly not watchin all the games. People want to get caught up in his size and say he didn't do anything verse Florida...

He also tourched Va Tech and Oklahoma. He is a playmaker and will always come up with the big play when you need it.

Great attitude. These are the people that want Taylor Mays (bobbywilliamssucks)

Taylor Mays is a freak athlete but has low football IQ and is definately not a winner.

Same people grill Tebow tellin me he sucks and will never do anything in the NFL. Give me Tebow any day becuase he is a winner. He is damn skilled too.

Golden Tate is like mardy IMO.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
I like him, I would be cheering for him if he was on the Bengals, I just don't think he is one of the top recievers out there. I hear a lot of people saying we need a deep threat, and that Gilyard would be great for that. I don't agree with that statement. I think he would be a good slot reciever, but he's no deep threat. He is a catch and make play type of reciever.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
There is something about Mardy that some people just don't see. The intangable you can't point out. He has the "it" factor.

He always made the big play when it counted. Some people get it and some don't.
Big Timer had how many yards playing top talent? 40 or so?? Cmon

Mardy put up huge numbers against mediocre talent. Playing against top talent (Joe Haden) he did little to nothing.

I would seriously take Riley Cooper over Mardy late in the draft... Here is why. Cooper is 6'3 215 pounds, physical WR who will block and knock your head off. He is by no means slow either. This is not Mardys game... Bengals have developed into a Bruiser type team. Add one more... Cooper was FLoridas deep threat too, not saying he would be at the next level, just saying he is not just a blocking guy.

While mardy threw up 40 yards in the biggest game of his life... Cooper had another typical day at the office posting 190 or so.

Ridiculous catch.

Big hit as a frehsman. Dont see Mardy doing anything like this.

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 04-23-2010 at 01:48 PM.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #18
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Mardy put up huge numbers against mediocre talent. Playing against top talent (Joe Haden) he did little to nothing.

I would seriously take Riley Cooper over Mardy late in the draft... Here is why. Cooper is 6'3 215 pounds, physical WR who will block and knock your head off. He is by no means slow either. This is not Mardys game... Bengals have developed into a Bruiser type team. Add one more... Cooper was FLoridas deep threat too, not saying he would be at the next level, just saying he is not just a blocking guy.

While mardy threw up 40 yards in the biggest game of his life... Cooper had another typical day at the office posting 190 or so.
Riley Cooper was going against UC's defense.

Joe Haden didnt cover Mardy and that is a fact. He gaurded Armon Binns (who did score on him).

Your a Florida blow hard and that is cool cause I am the same way with UC. Mardy did dominate average talent.

He aso dominated Oklahoma and Va Tech when we played them.

Not everyone needs to come from SEC country. Look at the top recievers out there. Marshall, TO, Chad, Randy, Santana Moss....

I am not saying Mardy is that type of player. I am saying Riley Cooper benefited from where he played and who he played with.

Mardy is about as slippery as they come and could do very very well verse nickel back and #2's. Not to mention he is good for 2 returns in the kicking game. He gets it. He got locked up when Florida refused to let him beat them.

Cooper over Mardy would be insane to every GM in the draft.

This is also coming from a guy who says Snead should go over Pike. You drunk??? When they were at the combine it was a absolute joke to compare those two. Again, just cause one was in the SEC doesn't mean all that much. Tony makes throws Snead could only dream of. (Not saying Tony will be great but I know he is waay better than Snead.)

Last edited by Thegreatone; 04-23-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuFI2X64YoQ Ridiculous catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28qN6akmK8 Big hit as a frehsman. Dont see Mardy doing anything like this.
Hits are great. I prefer touchdowns and leadership.

I also saw Jerome Simpson jump over someone.... Some people make a great play and it is posted all over youtube.

Last edited by Thegreatone; 04-23-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
LL can have Riley Cooper. I'll take Mardy over him any day of the week. I want a versatile receiver not someone who will only be able to block at the next level. There is a reason why Cooper may not even get drafted.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote