Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #21
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalIconForever View Post
Sadly LL, LBJ did take more shots than Volume Shooter.....not counting free throws, LBJ took 1915 shots and Kobe took 1870.

NOT so fast my friend.

You factor in the amount of games they each played, and here's how a few of our favorite superstars fare.

Wade : 22.8 shots per game.
Melo: 24.5
Durant: 24.6
LBJ: An eye popping 25.2 shots per game!!!
Volume shooter: A mere 25.6 shots per game.

The final points per game average? Volume finished 4th, and for those keeping track at home, he finished closer to 5th than to 3rd.

Shoot a lot, score average. Volume shooting at its finest.
Are you adding in 3 point shots? I wasn't sure because whenever you see stats from an individual game they show field goals made and attempted, they don't also show 3 point shots taken and made. So, I'm pretty sure that Field Goals included 3 pointers.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #22
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Kobe 4 titles

LBJ 0 titles.

LBJ doesnt have it in him to be a champion.

LivingLegend is a baboon. He also wants to argue that KG is better than Tim Duncan in his career. PUHA

LBJ is good for fun highlights and Nike commercials. Kobe is good for titles and winning games.

Correction. Volume shooter - 1 championship.

LBJ might not have what it takes to be a champion, however he is the best. Like I have proven numbers dont lie. His numbers nearly in every statistical category are better.

As far as KG over Tim duncan. Ill still take KG in his prime. Very underrated througout his prime.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Correction. Volume shooter - 1 championship.

LBJ might not have what it takes to be a champion, however he is the best. Like I have proven numbers dont lie. His numbers nearly in every statistical category are better.

As far as KG over Tim duncan. Ill still take KG in his prime. Very underrated througout his prime.
MJ doesnt have any without Pippen...Before you laugh keep in mind when MJ tried out baseball Pippen was 3rd in MVP voting. MJ never won one without another top 50 all-time NBA player on his team...UH-OH! Kobe has and will again this year moving his total to 5 and I think he will get one more to match MJ when its all said and done.

To your second point- you say LBJ might not have what it takes to be a champ yet he is the best. Kobe has what it takes and has proven it 4 times.

And to your third point...Tim Duncan is the best 4 ever to play the game.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #24
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Kobe is gettin it done. Sweeps Utah.

LL do you not give Oscar credit for a ring because he played with Kareem. That is your dumbest argument yet. What about Dwayne Wade??

You are a joke if you believe that. Everyone knows Kobe was critical to the success of the lakers.

BTW I am not a KObe fan. I just appreciate that type of talent when I see it.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #25
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Speaking of the sweet Great1, only 1 player has scored 30 or more points against the Jazz in 4 straight playoff games. Who was it? Kobe, twice.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
still dont change the facts. Lebron is the better player, stats prove that. Your arguments are weak.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I'd say Kobe and Co. are doing pretty well.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #28
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Lets talk a bit about the playoffs eh?

Lakers vs. Suns: I love Nash and really want him to win one. He is a complete stud and doesnt look like he is slowing down any time soon. Can they overcome the Lakers length though? I think the key for the Suns to win the series is the 2nd team. Lakers bench is miserable while the Suns bench is pretty solid and can put up some points--if they have any chance at all the Suns bench will have to play great. I see this going 7 simply because of the Suns 2nd team.

As for the east- Cavs have the potential to be great but for some reason are off and on. Big game tonight. I see Lebron playing great (almost getting a tripple double) and winning the game and then the series in game 6.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #29
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
still dont change the facts. Lebron is the better player, stats prove that. Your arguments are weak.
You dont get it. LBJ doesnt have that killer instinct like Kobe.

He is totally layin down right now. He is just not a winner. Kobe is.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #30
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I heard Bron fell asleep during a game.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote