Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Jimmy V Speech

I cannot help it...each year that I watch, and I make a point to watch, the Jimmy V speech from the ESPYs, I am touched and made to feel humble. I cannot help but fight back some tears every time I hear Jimmy V speak of the 3 daily events; laugh, think, and cry. I admire his strength and outlook on life. I hope someday in my lifetime I will be able to appreciate every moment of life and have the enthusiasm that he possessed in his last days on this earth. It is truly one of the most inspiring and touching speeches of all time in my opinion.

I am critical of ESPN many days of the year, but I fully respect the corporation for continuing its efforts with the Jimmy V foundation, and its advertisement. Dick Vitale can be frustrating or annoying at times, but his dedication to Jimmy V and the foundation is truly genuine. I do not know if this post has too much relevance to the site, but I know there are some true basketball fans, and seemingly good people on this site, and I felt that it might be nice to share some thoughts on one of sports' truly good stories.

Go Jimmy V Foundation!
Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Wonderful speech. Watch it every year and thoroughly enjoy his message. I was very upset with their first airing of the speech this year though, as they ran GIANT donation banners at the bottom of the screen for the entirety of the speech. It was incredibly distracting and annoying. Luckily, they didn't do that tonight. Maybe they planned it that way. Or maybe someone finally got smart and realized it was annoying, a distraction and took away from the speech itself.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote