Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
SlamJam

SlamJam is on a distinguished road
NBA

Any NBA fans here? I am one for sure and thought I would start a thread to follow the rest of the season. To start the discussion I will ask: Who do you believe will win the NBA championship and 2-who is your "sleeper" team?

I am going to go with the Lakers winning it all. Way too good.

Sleeper team- the Jazz. I think they have such tough D they could possibly do some damage.....the problem with sleeper teams is the NBA is so top heavy right now.

**I meant to put this in the "huggins inn". MODS if you could move it that would be appreciated

Two feet behind the line...nothin' but twine.

Last edited by SlamJam; 02-16-2010 at 12:51 AM.
SlamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
The Lakers are a bunch of clowns playing basketball. They have got ran by Denver twice, once without Melo.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
The Lakers are a bunch of clowns playing basketball. They have got ran by Denver twice, once without Melo.
Keep in mind Kobe has been hurt all year. Once he gets healthy(if he does) this team seems to be unstoppable. Playoffs and reg season are two different things. Having said that, I think Denver is the only team in the west that can beat them...simply because of chauncy. Once he got to denver he changed everything and turned this team into a championship team. IMO he is the leader of that team, not melo.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Keep in mind Kobe has been hurt all year. Once he gets healthy(if he does) this team seems to be unstoppable. Playoffs and reg season are two different things. Having said that, I think Denver is the only team in the west that can beat them...simply because of chauncy. Once he got to denver he changed everything and turned this team into a championship team. IMO he is the leader of that team, not melo.
Volume Shooters "injury" is questionable at best. He can go cry me a river some other time.

No question is chauncys team, however Melo brings something to the table that he can't, scoring, scoring and more scoring. They key to Denver... Jr Smith lighting it up. If he heats up he can score with ANYONE in the league.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
Volume Shooters "injury" is questionable at best. He can go cry me a river some other time.

No question is chauncys team, however Melo brings something to the table that he can't, scoring, scoring and more scoring. They key to Denver... Jr Smith lighting it up. If he heats up he can score with ANYONE in the league.
Questionable at best? Doesnt he have two injuries?! the guy never sits out games so it must be something if he had to sit out a few. I think its clear the lakers, with a healthy Kobe, are clear favorites to win and Kobe will have his 5th?...I think he won 3 with shaq and won one last year. Thing is, after this year the Lakers can still win 2 of the next 3. Kobe could get to 7 rings and I wouldnt be too surprised. He is still the best player in the league.

I do love that Chauncy came in and turned them into a contender. He is so good at controlling a team. Only problem with them is how can they gaurd the Lakers bigs?(all 3 7 footers)

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
Old 02-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Questionable at best? Doesnt he have two injuries?! the guy never sits out games so it must be something if he had to sit out a few. I think its clear the lakers, with a healthy Kobe, are clear favorites to win and Kobe will have his 5th?...I think he won 3 with shaq and won one last year. Thing is, after this year the Lakers can still win 2 of the next 3. Kobe could get to 7 rings and I wouldnt be too surprised. He is still the best player in the league.

I do love that Chauncy came in and turned them into a contender. He is so good at controlling a team. Only problem with them is how can they gaurd the Lakers bigs?(all 3 7 footers)
There bigs are a concern, although NeNe has played extremely well as of late. Kenyon will have to step up and be physical with Pau. Who can guard Chauncy? Who can guard a bench player coming off and scoring 15 a game.

As for Volume shooter being the best in the league, simply not true. Numbers say otherwise.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Lakers are going to be tough.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Quote:
There bigs are a concern, although NeNe has played extremely well as of late. Kenyon will have to step up and be physical with Pau. Who can guard Chauncy? Who can guard a bench player coming off and scoring 15 a game.

As for Volume shooter being the best in the league, simply not true. Numbers say otherwise.
Nene is pretty solid--and the Lakers bench is much deeper then the nuggets. Two key role players that saw decent mins last year (Walton, vulechic...no idea how to spell his name) hardly get any mins this year. Lakers are a better team then they were last year.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
DontMissHim
Elite Member

Does the trade for the CAVS make them a favorite to win? I am not sure. Jamison is pretty solid 4. I hope Z will be back after 30 days though

Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
It would be a cool story for the Nuggets to win the Title this year, after just finding out about their coach having cancer again. Brutal stuff. As cool of a story as it would be, I don't see it happening.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote